It Starts With Parts

Started by Brian da Basher, May 11, 2007, 03:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

I'm very busy procastinating on the Falklands and Secret Santa Group Builds. Instead, I'm playing around with a motley collection of plastic from my spares box(es). I added a strip of 10 thou sheet plastic (thanks, Baz!) to the mix. What will become of these dis-similar parts?

Stay tuned.

Brian da Basher

Daryl J.

A bread bag clasp.   Now that's one piece of material I've never thought of using.   Excellent!   Does it hold paint?

Would that be the corrugated lower wing off the biplane variant of the little ANT-5(?) from Zvesda?

Thinking aloud:  Rocket power, straight wing, landing skid--->spatted of course, 1/72 or 1/144 scale base,  catapulted off a base sponsored by Franz Bakery!   :ar:  :ar:  :ar:

Looks promising!
Daryl J.

edited for spelling mistakes.......... :wacko:  

John Howling Mouse

Some sort of sesqui-plane c/w floats?

Nope, I got nuthin'
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Bread bag clips are awesome! They're just like styrene! They may even be styrene for all I know. They glue and hold paint just like it and they're easy to cut and shape.

And yes, that wing is indeed from an ANT-5.

The fuse and the little teeny scratched cockpit are together. The wings have been cut too. More to follow.

Brian da Basher

Mossie

These are all the bits your using BdB???  No idea.  Bread-bag clip???  Haven't seen those for years, they stopped using them over here around the late 80's, were great for sticking on the brake cables & spokes on your bike!

Staying tuned most definately.....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

B777LR

Allan

Can't wait to see how this one turns out Brian.
As always, I'm cheering on the sidelines!
Allan in Canberra

Brian da Basher

QuoteWhat! No spats?  :lol:
Hehehehe you didn't notice there's only one wheel and a large sheet of plastic. Hehehehe.

Latest update....wings, tail, exhausts and headrest are on. I also added scratch-built control surfaces. I cheated a little and used another bread bag clip instead of the sheet styrene. Once I get the landing gear together, I'll take a pic or two before I start painting.

Brian da Basher

The Rat

QuoteA bread bag clasp.   Now that's one piece of material I've never thought of using.   Excellent!   Does it hold paint?
It holds paint very well, styrene cement works right champion on it, it's easily sanded, cuts with nail clippers... and they're free with a bag of bread!

Here's a quickly bashed cockpit I made with some, also using another cheap source of plastic - a coffee cup lid:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Brian da Basher

Today I got this sucker pretty much finished except for the paint and decals. Here's a couple of sneak peeks.

1st of 3 pics.

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher

The yellow control surfaces were fashioned from bread bag clips. I used the sheet styrene for fabricationg spats. The podded wing guns are made from the tip of the drop tank fuse I cut off to fit the prop and a spare landing gear axle. Speaking of landing gear, I was forced to cheat again when the original struts from the chosen parts proved too flimsy. I found some replacements in my spares boxes that worked nicely.

2nd of 3 pics.

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher

The windscreen is glued down only temporarily until I can get the paint on. Here's a shot showing the decals I plan on using. Any guesses as to what country this little plane will belong to?

Last of 3 pics.

Brian da Basher

Mossie

Sleek magnifique (apologies for the corruption of the French language)!

Lovely looking little machine Bri, 1/144?  Racer based fighter?  Can't quite tell from the pics, but seems to be Belgian decals (Nils will be happy!), if not, post civil war Spanish?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

John Howling Mouse

QuoteAny guesses as to what country this little plane will belong to?
"What country"????

I'm still trying to keep up with a guy who can turn a fueltank and some breadbag clips into a full-blown, believable aircraft!!!!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Daryl J.

That is bloody creative!    Is it an early Formula One air racer perchance?

Wow!

Daryl J.