Main Menu

The 500 Phantom Group Build

Started by Radish, May 14, 2007, 03:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

QuoteI suppose the Royal Yorkshire air Force would have a special "EEEEEE" version. :lol:
DO IT!!!!  :lol:
I second that motion!  :D
I third it!!!

Except it isn't the 'Royal' Yorkshire Air Force, any self-respecting Tyke wouldn't have anything to do with that sorry set of southern softies that call themselves the Royal Family, she might be Queen of England but she'll only be Queen of Yorkshire if we say so!

It's 'Gods Own Yorkshire Air Force', and don't you forget it sun-beam, aye! :lol:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Radish

Chris Ayre printed some rather nice Low-viz RYAF decals in 1/72nd....I'll see him tonight at the pub and see if I can scrounge some.

Also....sourced some more F-4S kits.... :D  :D  :D

If anyone has 1/72nd Phantoms to trade at Donaster or AVON, I'd be interested, but no Airfix, please!!
Italeri, Bilek, etc., Revell....I'm interested. :party:  :party:  :party:  :dum:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Rhino1953

Radish
This is a rubbish post so you can do the 100th post on this thread.
Everyone else give him a chance.
USAF SIG
F-4 Phantom SIG Leader

www.500phantoms.com

Radish

Cheers, Ted.

I've sourced my Royal Yorkshire AF markings courtesy of Chris Ayre, a good chap :bow:

Not done ANYTHING today as I didn't get home till 3am (out rocking, chatting, etc at the pub) and was up for 6am to make brekkers.
Had a bit of a snooze for an hour this pm that refreshed me.
sorted out some sale items  too......more later in the approprite thread.

I'll add u/c etc to a Phantom tonight though....just to "keep my hand in!!" :lol:  

Howard of Effingham

in the interests of fairness shouldn't we have a few lancastrian AF 'tooms i wonder?  :D

hey they could be sponsored by boddingtons!  :wacko:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Radish

Lancastrians?
Buggar that!
Life's not fair and Richard III is the proof of that!
Yo. :lol:  

Radish

Of course, there's the interesting scenario of the RAF leasing F-4S versions due to the failure of the Tornado fighter to come up to scratch....and the FG1s and FGR2s had run out of hours.
So....F-4S (nice, by Italeri) in RAF markings, of which there's lots.
:lol:
The Red Arrows one is ready for spraying (tomorrow am) so that Thursday it can receive washes, etc. Weathering on Thursday night at IPMS Stafford's meeting.
Decals on Friday.
Next "up" is a REAL "S", a Black Bunny. :wub:  

NARSES2

QuoteLancastrians?
Buggar that!
Life's not fair and Richard III is the proof of that!
That wasn't Richard III it was Richard II alledgedly  :ph34r:

I only just found out that this build is for SMW 2008  :blink: May have to build that old Hasegawa E after all

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

The Red Arrows F-4S has now become a US ARMY attack aircraft.....i wasn't too "happy" with the build for a Red Arrows aircraft, and'll now do it again to the same scenario, but probably in flight mode and as a 2-seater.

Radish

Put together a couple of Italeri "S" models at Doncaster "SIG Meet" on Saturday.
Filler last night and a nice rub down this morning.

Other versions that need "developing" in plastic form are:

F-4I.....longer nosed "big radome" version?

F-4P......simpler version for South America, so there's the F-4P(Br) for Brazil, and the F-4P(Ar) for Argentina, etc, etc.....

F-4Q.....highly developed version with new engines, conformal tanks, extra-long nose and camera/elint capability.

F-4R.....re-delivered "S" for export use....including Finland, Croatia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Serbia, etc.....

F-4U.....gorra be a deveopment for the USN and USMC, with an "X"-tail.

F-4V.....

F-4W.....A Phantom on floats, as used by the Naval Air Fighting Force (or NAFF) operating from British canals and rivers, oohhhhh....Dutch ones too.
Mississippi ANG??

F-4X...like the real one....shrouded in secrecy.

F-4Y.......

F-4Z....the Zwilling developments.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

elmayerle

F-4X would likely be a fighter version with the advanced inlets and saddle tanks schemed by GD for the RF-4X.

Tell me, are you going to do one of McAir's F-4EJ-Kai proposals, the one with the new wing aerodynamically derived from the F-15's wing?  I've checked, the root chords are quite close so it could be done.  I'm thinking that'd have the blown windscreen, too, and a serious equipment update, including engines.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Radish

Sounds very interesting....noted the F-15 wing proposal and as you say, it's buildable :huh:  

elmayerle

Indeed; combine that with some of the avionics upgrades done anyway...  One other thought, since they're already making the F100 for the F-15, it wouldn't be much of a stretch for the Japanese to also get PW1120 production rights.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Radish

4 more Fujimi Phantoms on the way....

2 x C/Ds and 2 x Es(they'll make nice early ones and EJs as they are non-slatted)
The Extradecal USAF UK Pantoms sheet is fairly imminent...the artwork is available now, and it'll be a while before I can make what I want (two at least in that "pea green" variation!!)...gonna be fun :lol:  

Radish

Finished building the two F-4Ss that I did on Saturday at Doncaster.
Both will be VX-4 aircraft...Black and White Bunnies :wub: