Nils's Tigersharks

Started by Spey_Phantom, May 14, 2007, 10:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

last weekent i bought 2 of these trumpetter kits, both are 1/144 scale (love those little scales). but the kit is as crappy as the original airfix mold (same mold), especially the oversized canopy that comes with the kit :angry:
so i had to butcher up another old revell F-5E to improve it.

here's the first F-20, a version i created myself, the F-20M.
its a carrier based version of the F-20 designed to replace the A-4 and A-7's in the US navy. i was orriginaly gonna build them in Leutonian markings, but i went for USN instead, also note the modified F-18 nosewheel, and the added flare/chaff dispencers near the outtake. i still need to work on the detail and add the armament.

the second F-20 im planning to start any time soon, witch is propably gonna be Finnish, Czech, Polish, Italian or Danish, but i think im gonna go dutch on this one (F-20NL), since they were concidering the F-20 to replace the NF-5A's.

i'll post better pics later (had to use webcam, good camera out of batteries)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Rafael

Beautiful tiny little bird!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Spey_Phantom

im just about finished with the contruction of the second F-20, i think im gonna make it an F-20NL, in full dutch markings. i got some information at www.f20a.com that there were a lot of european customers interested in the F-20, including the Netherlands and Belgium to replace the Mirage5 and NF-5A. but instead they went for additional vipers.

although i dont have anymore old F-5 canopies, im gonna use an old MIG-29 canopy i have left over from the MIG-32. although i have no idea what color sheme to use  ;)  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Swedish Mick

Quotei got some information at www.f20a.com that there were a lot of european customers interested in the F-20
I like that plane! I'm currently working (but very, very slowly that is) on a F-20S in the colours of SwAF, designated J 38C in Sweden. Splinter camo, of course, whenever it's done.  ^_^  There were a Swedish delegation visiting Northrop in September 1979 for a proposed contract, but at the end Sweden decided to build Gripen instead.
Modellbygge iFokus
http://modellbygge.ifokus.se

B777LR

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  Nice little conversion ;)  

Spey_Phantom

i just finished the second one, its been made up in Dutch markings and carries the designation F-20A(NL) (i was orriginally gonna designate it NF-5G, but the F-20 was better). the netherlands were planning to order the F-20.
i'll post pics tommorow, my camera's out of batteries  <_<
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Sisko

Man I don't consider myself old but I would have to really squint to build those babies!

Nice one!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!