G

F-4 (F4H-1)(F-110) Phantom

Started by Glenn Harper, July 11, 2002, 01:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJ_Lesnick

The F-4B/C/D/J/K/N/S all have roughly the same radome size.  The F-4E/F-4F/F-4G has a smaller radome.
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Gondor

With reference to the topic title, Are there any aftermarket decal sets for the F-110 ?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Shasper

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on June 16, 2010, 09:30:38 AM
The F-4B/C/D/J/K/N/S all have roughly the same radome size.  The F-4E/F-4F/F-4G has a smaller radome.

Depends on which F-4G we're talking about . . . there were about a dozen or so "G" models (Bs fitted with an automatic landing system IIRC) assigned to VF-213 during the last half of the '60s before the aircraft reverted back to B config.
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

anthonyp

Quote from: Shasper on June 26, 2010, 10:21:42 AM

Depends on which F-4G we're talking about . . . there were about a dozen or so "G" models (Bs fitted with an automatic landing system IIRC) assigned to VF-213 during the last half of the '60s before the aircraft reverted back to B config.

That G no one talks about anymore.  There were only 12 built, and they were all converted back after 3 years (in 1966).  The external differences between it and the B was an extendable antennae forward the landing gear.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

dy031101

Quote from: anthonyp on June 26, 2010, 10:52:18 AM
Quote from: Shasper on June 26, 2010, 10:21:42 AM
The F-4B/C/D/J/K/N/S all have roughly the same radome size.  The F-4E/F-4F/F-4G has a smaller radome.

That G no one talks about anymore.  There were only 12 built, and they were all converted back after 3 years (in 1966).  The external differences between it and the B was an extendable antennae forward the landing gear.

In the grand scheme of things, I intend to choose the F-4S as a basis- larger radome, and the lack of existing chin pod fairing means I can put one on to represent perhaps any special capability that I wish.

This project, should I get around executing it, would probably be the first one to include a cockpit illustration...... 'cause that one might be a what-if, too...... ;D
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

GTX

Folks,

Options for kits in 1/48 with the FGR.1's extending nose landing gear or just the landing gear itself?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

kitnut617

Quote from: GTX on July 04, 2010, 11:36:10 PM
Folks,

Options for kits in 1/48 with the FGR.1's extending nose landing gear or just the landing gear itself?

Regards,

Greg

Landing gear here Greg

http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=SCV48081

Wheels here:

http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=AHM4415
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

GTX

Thanks - you're a legend!

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Quick single seat, slimmed F-4:

Regards,

Greg

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: GTX on September 18, 2010, 02:42:30 PMQuick single seat, slimmed F-4:

I like where you are going with this idea.  Now if you can give it a one piece windscreen (as used on the F-15 and F-18) to improve forward visibility. 

Quote from: apophenia on September 18, 2010, 04:01:35 PMNice Greg! That canopy is very F4H  :thumbsup:

This may be sacrilege to Phantom-o-philes but the cannon arrangement on the F-4 seems too much the afterthought that it obviously was. An 'empty' back seat provides an obvious space for placing the ammunition drum closer to the c/g if the M61 were moved aft. (I've also moved the radome higher up -- as per the F4H.)

The empty back seat would be an ideal location for a lot of the avionics that had been previously located in hard to access areas of the fuselage.  That would then free up additional space for fuel and your ammunition drum in these vacated areas. 

In your drawing I am correct in the assumption that you have mounted the gun in the forward missile well?

Were you aware of the original proposals for the gun armed Phantom which had the weapon mounted in one of the rear Sparrow missile wells?  It was an odd location but considering the shortage of space the location forward and under the nose made a lot more sense. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Shasper

Back when what became the F4H was first pitched, it had 4 20mm guns mounted under the intakes similar to the F3H.
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

ysi_maniac

Those last two phantoms are marvels! :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Daryl J.

...and the Monogram Phantom is out.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Daryl J., ready to Cut and Paste, Washington State style. 

MAD

Quote from: GTX on September 18, 2010, 02:42:30 PM
Quick single seat, slimmed F-4:

Regards,

Greg

Hey Greg, nice, very nice :bow:

For almost my intire life I have begged the question on how a single-seat Phantom II would look :wub:

Could we raise the cockpit a little (as a lesson from Vietnam), so as to give the pilot a better rear view?

M.A.D 

MAD

Quote from: apophenia on September 18, 2010, 04:01:35 PM
Nice Greg! That canopy is very F4H  :thumbsup:

This may be sacrilege to Phantom-o-philes but the cannon arrangement on the F-4 seems too much the afterthought that it obviously was. An 'empty' back seat provides an obvious space for placing the ammunition drum closer to the c/g if the M61 were moved aft. (I've also moved the radome higher up -- as per the F4H.)

Hell Apophenia, I love your single-seat Phantom II concept as well  :thumbsup:

You make this as hard as having to choose between to beautiful twins  :wacko: (Hell lucky I have never had the opportunity ;D)

I like the idea of the gun relocation, but I think I would stick with the original F-4E arrangement, and utilize the back-seater`s vacated space as a weight saver for improved thrust-to-weight ratio and air-to-air performance!!!

M.A.D