G

F-4 (F4H-1)(F-110) Phantom

Started by Glenn Harper, July 11, 2002, 01:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Zero-Sen

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 29, 2023, 04:50:36 PM
Quote from: Zero-Sen on March 29, 2023, 02:14:27 PM

Is this not, in fact, the Phixen? :unsure:

Only the booms were taken from the 'Sea Javelin' below, the other parts are from a single seater F-4E.

Quote from: Zero-Sen on March 20, 2023, 03:20:00 PM...

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Zero-Sen

I knew what build he was talking about. Sometimes I wonder if anyone is paying attention to the dates on the images? :unsure:

scooter

Quote from: Zero-Sen on March 31, 2023, 12:07:24 PMI knew what build he was talking about. Sometimes I wonder if anyone is paying attention to the dates on the images? :unsure:
In two words, probably not. :banghead:  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

I noticed the date, I failed to notice the up-turned wing-tips. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

thundereagle1997

F-4 with F-15 wings (cropped for wingtip AIM-9x Sidewinders) plus tailplanes  a single bubble canopy 2 30mm cannons mounted in the lower nose canard foreplanes & 2 EJ-200s upgraded via General Electric

scooter

So, a (pair of) possibly stupid question(s), as I do research for my GB entry:  How many Phantom squadrons were supposed to be slated for the FAA had MoD not slashed the order by about 2/3s?  And is there somewhere one can find the Squadron numbers?

And to preemptively answer the question of "What do 'Tooms have to do with a Harrier/Bucc/Jag GB?"  The answer can be found here
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

PR19_Kit

Memory says it was five front line FAA squadrons originally, but they ended up with three, and only one of them was 'front line', 892 NAS.

There was 700(P) as the Intensive Trials Unit, and 767 NAS as the training squadron, but I've no idea what the others would have been. But does it matter? You can use which ever ones you like here in WhiffWorld.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 23, 2023, 07:20:36 AMMemory says it was five front line FAA squadrons originally, but they ended up with three, and only one of them was 'front line', 892 NAS.

There was 700(P) as the Intensive Trials Unit, and 767 NAS as the training squadron, but I've no idea what the others would have been. But does it matter? You can use which ever ones you like here in WhiffWorld.  ;D
:thumbsup:
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Gondor

Alternativly you can look at which squadrons were used historically for fighters by looking at which squadrons flew the Sea Vixen, that way you can also access a supply of squadron emblems.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.