Miyazaki Tank Started

Started by Sisko, May 20, 2007, 12:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Well after the beaver I wanted a slammer kit that I could just build and not have to fight every inch of the way.

When I first got this kit from Hobby Link Japan I opened it and my first thought was man!!!! The quality !!

The parts are beautifully moulded and the detail exquisit for a 1/72 scale kit.

This was the one to build, and man has it been a dream. Below is the results of about 4 nights of construction.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sisko

And it is big, about the size of a 1/35th scale king tiger and it's 1/72.

I am going to make a few enhancements to improve it give it a more worn battle weary look.

I also plan to build the all pig crew. This will be fun.

Archibald

Looking good! In which Miyazaki anime does this tank figure ? Nausicaa ? (I've just seen this one...  :wub: )  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Sisko

Archie it is not from any of his movies. I was wondering the same thing.

From what I can tell it is a from a limited edition sketch book of his. It is a book full of his ideas and inspirations and this was one of the designs.

I looked for it but apparently it is out of print.

Nausica, even though it is some 20 years old it is a great movie.

Archibald

Seems that's I've found another fan of Miyazaki marvels... and "Monthy Python and the holly grail" quotes  ;)  

Miyzaki is an imaginative guy to say the least   :f16:  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Sisko

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time! :P  

NARSES2

I have to get one of these just for a fun build  :D Does it come with the pig crew ?

BTW - Saw "Spamalot" in London last week. Typical Python some worked, some didn't. Strangely the scene with the French Castle was one of those that didn't, The Knights that say "Ni" didn't either - but the "killer rabbit"  :lol:

If you go to see it by the way watch out if your in seat D1  ;)

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Archibald

QuoteGo away or I shall taunt you a second time! :P
"your father was a hamster and your mother smell old elderberries" (sorry for the mistakes!)

"heloooooo..."

"I'm dingo, zut's twin sister"

"Ni!!!"

"Ekki-ekki-ekki-ekki-pataaaang!!"

"... then you'll cut the mightiest tree in this forrest with... a herring!"

"what's the capital of assyria?"

"the castle of...aaaaaaaaaaaaargh"  

Eddie M.

That is just plain cool! I'm looking forward to your progress!
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

very interesting tank...should be great with the weathering job.

BlackOps

Sisko, glat to hear it goes together well, Mine is on my to do list. It really is a beatiful looking nice quality kit. Looking forward to some more progress pics :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Daryl J.

It's great to see this build!  Tasca's ''Bad Guy'' and it's 20 pig crew arrived on Ye Olde Doorstep about a month ago.    How do you hope to use the pigs?

Keep us posted!
Daryl J.

PS::::::

General other info:
Other great Miyazaki kits include Fine Molds 1/72 and 1/48 scale Savoia S.21 and S.21F, Curtiss R3C-0's.   The pre-fab versions are pricey but if imported from HLJ or Rainbow Ten, the unassembled kits are quite reasonable.

And yes, Miyazaki does excellent stuff!
Howl's Moving Castle
Castle in the Sky
Kiki's Delivery Service
The Cat Returns
Whisperer of the Heart
Porco Rosso---my fave
Spirited Away---artsy and fun
Nausicaa---the Bandai Moeve is a great kit too.
Lupin the Third (see the car---it's the same as Guido in ''Cars'' and John Lasseter is a hyooge Miyazaki fan....)
etc
etc.

Sisko

I plan to have the pig crew on parade beside my tank.

I am actually excited by this build. Something that has not happened to me for some time.

John Howling Mouse

I know nothing about the subject matter (no different than most of the stuff on What If, come to think of it!) but I know that is one sweet-looking model you're putting together.

Looking forward to more.  What will the final paint scheme/markings be?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Sisko

I am actually going to deviate from the suggested scheme and just go with an overalll Olive drab.

But I plan to do a fair bit of weathering.