Miyazaki Tank Started

Started by Sisko, May 20, 2007, 12:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

I've got to get me one of those tanks! :wub:  B)  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Sisko

Hobby link Japan is out of stock but has them on back order.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Son of Damian

^^^
I just got an e-mail from them saying the company has no more and has no plans to make any more, so I won't be getting the two I ordered :(
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Sisko

Painting has started.

I will post some progress pics if you guys are interested.

Brian da Basher

I'm definately insterested, Sisko! Your work is always an inspiration!

Brian da Basher

B777LR

It sorta looks like an armoured spat :lol:  

Sisko

Here are some progress pics.

All the base coat shading and highlights are done.

Then Weathering to come.

Then painting the pig crew, then Diorama building, then...............

Sisko

Painting was as follows.

Base coat Olive drab with a few drops of insignia blue added. This was then sprayed on in three very light coats.

Then two light coats of olive drab were sprayed on concentrating on the panel centres and highlights.

Final coat was olive drab with drops of yellow for the final highlighting. It was then  was misted over the whole model to give it that faded look.

Dry brushing was done with yellow.

All this was sealed with flat clear with a few drop of brown in it.

The tracks were base coated in black and then testors gun metalizer sprayed over the top. The highlights were done with Tamiya Metalic grey.

Once all dry, the  tracks were put on and it was then assembled.

Sisko

Sisko

Brian da Basher

Thanks for the update, Sisko. I'm not sure about the "pig crew" part, but I love what you've done with this so far! I really like the tonal qualities in that light olive paintjob you've achieved and I don't think I've ever seen more metallic looking tracks! This one's going to be a real eye-catcher for sure!

Brian da Basher

Sisko

Thanks Brian here are the pig crew being prepared while the main model was drying.

BlackOps

Looks great Sisko!  I hope mine turns out this well. Gonna be a lot of work painting the crew...that's a whole lotta little porkers!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sisko

Ok, word of warning, if you want the crow's nest thingy to stay up don't touch it!

I pushed it down to see what it would look like and it stayed down!!!!

No matter what I try it can't get it back to the original position. Oh wel! :banghead:

bluntie

that looks great Sisco,top marks on the paint mate.it is good to see some armour around the place :thumbsup:  
my hovercraft is full of eels