Miyazaki Tank Started

Started by Sisko, May 20, 2007, 12:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Did a little more today but I won't bother with a photo.

I start weathering tommorrow night so I should have an update for then.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

ysi_maniac

This is just a beauty :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Sisko

Quotethat looks great Sisco,top marks on the paint mate.it is good to see some armour around the place :thumbsup:

Thanks for that!

Yes it is nice to do armour sometimes. It is a real break from aircraft and Sc-Fi.

PanzerWulff

Every time I look at it I want to cry for 2 reasons (1) IT is turning out AWESOME :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: (2) When I finally had the cash to get one THEY WERE GONE :(  Awesome work Can't wait to see more :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Sisko

Weathering is done.

I used Citadel brown ink mixed with water and metho. This was laid into all the panel lines and nooks and crevices with 000 brush. . All the rivets were done as well, which is  a tedious job to say the least.

A larger stiff brush was used to simulate the streaking effect. The tips of the brush were put into the brown ink and it was then drawn down the model.

Any excess ink, was taken up with a cotton bud.

Once this was done all over the model I used brown chalk pastel to really dirty this beast up.

I dry brushed a lttle silver over some of the the hatchs and grab rails as the paint would have worn here due to use.

This tank is nearly done. Just going to add some paint chipping around the foot holds and the hatch edges, then that is it.

Then it is on to the pig crew.

Sisko

Sisko

Sisko

Ian the Kiwi Herder

LOVE this project........... :wub:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

philp

Very sharp.  Are you adding any markings to it?

Saw some pics of a couple entered at some contest, both done in German WWI markings.  Can't find the pics again thou.  :(  
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Brian da Basher

Sisko yet another fantastic weathering job! I think you've hit it just right!

I keep wondering about that pig crew...are they trying to get even for barbecue? ;)

Brian da Basher

Sisko

Thanks fellas.

No markings just going ala natural. I did think of putting WWII US army stars on it and calling it capitalist pigs.  :dum:

But no just leaving it as is.

Sisko

Egads :o

I haven't painted figures in a while. Painting so many is a more tedious job than I imagined.

I should hopefully have them done in a couple of days.

Then my diorama starts.

Just think plenty of mud.

Eddie M.

Outstanding work!!!! :bow:  I'd love to be able to do armor, but they don't have wings! :P This is one smart piece of work. Bravo Zulu! :salute:
  Eddie  
Look behind you!