Couple Of Freshies

Started by bluntie, May 23, 2007, 11:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

Thanks for the info on the Boomer ;) I have a strange fondness for Stubby fighters like the Boomerang,Buffalo,I-16,P-26 peashooter,Wild/Hell/Bearcat
& A5M "Claude" I have wanted one of the Tasman Boomerangs for a while but can't find one anyway (They have them in 1/48) but I digress as was mentioned great work on the Boomer's Pit I can't wait to see More (Hint PICS Please Hint :P )
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

GTX

QuoteThis thread makes me think on an advanced Boomerang, perhaps in the line of a P-51D but the belly intake moved to the chin.

That will pretty much lead you towards some of the CA-15 versions.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Aren't Special Hobby supposedly releasing a 1/48 Boomerang this year?

Regards,

Greg

bluntie

Special Hobby are to release the Boomer in both '72 and '48 scale this year..maybe... also on their to do list is a '48 Wirraway...maybe.....
It usualy happens like this,i spend weeks scratch building,slicing,dicing,juliening [fingers mostly] painstaikingly researching,glueing,painting,travel to the ends of the earth for the right decal sheet.......only to have Special hobby release the very subject i have just finnished.....  :dum:  ..so far this has been the case with the Buffalo,Vengance,Firefly and now the Boomer!!....is this just a case of syncronycity or did i run over someone from Bratislava in a past life?..future '72nd RAAF subjects on Blunties bench will be Anson, Spit mk V,P-51,Meteor and Sea Venom....
O.k. now lets sit back and see what happens......... :lol: ......
my hovercraft is full of eels

GTX

Well, hurry up and scratch build a P.1081 or something - I'd like them to release one.

Regards,

Greg

ysi_maniac

Hi Greg,
Does my subconscient read blue prints? :unsure:  :blink:  :wacko:

Thanks for your profiles. :cheers:  
Will die without understanding this world.

bluntie

Hi all, well i have managed to get a little further with the Boomerang and turbo Frank [Frankenplane?] ..I still dont know about the frank,can't figure out if the new profile i have created is to my liking or not; it looked good as a hand drawn sketch, but in 3D it is another thing..still it is growing on me and once a bit of paint is slopped about i;m sure it will be o.k.
Once the main engine was aligned strips of 10 thou sheet were used wine barrel style to form the new forward panels then LOTS of sanding,prime ,sand and so on,thanks to Captain Canadas suggestion ,a large bottle of Green Ginger wine and a Butt Hole Surfers c.d. made this the most plesant of tasks. :cheers:
The boomer too has been a ton of fun,the cooling gills looked pretty daunting at first but turned out to be fairly straight forward, i put a strip of 10thou plastic card on the inside of the cowling to act as a bench and after the individual peices had been rolled to shape they were glued in place.
the under carriage is vastly improved by replacing the oleo slider with a peice of stainless steel tube as found in the revell type glue aplicator bottles,this is realy easy to do,just drill out either end of the u/c units as deep as possable and allow plenty of length on the tube, the pitot tube was made from an old mandolin string and a scrap of photo etch, the cannon barrels and tubes were built fron a length of aluminiun tube turned down in a drill and spare resin barrels from the Special Hobby Firefly kit, also for comparison is the Highplanes resin Hedgehog exhaust wth the Airfix offering.
Next time i should have some paint on something. till then thanks for looking and as allways comments and critiques most welcome.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Mossie

Both look great Bluntie!  I've always been a fan of the Boomer, that chubby little bear barrel always looks like it should never have got off the ground & being derived from the Buffalo, it's amazing it was as effective as it was.

As for the R2800 powered CA-15, I'd go for it, £20/$50 isn't that much for a kit these days!  Get someone to buy you another for you birthday or summat, it'd look great next to the Griffon engined machine!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Brian da Basher

That's some awesome work, bluntie! You're one of our fellow whiffers that give the rest of us something to shoot for. Impressive!

Brian da Basher

PanzerWulff

Love the work on the Boomer Bluntie,Stubby LiL fighters RULE!!! I cant wait to see more of Bolth of these projects  ;)  B)  B)  B)  
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

bluntie

Thank you guys ,thank you all very much. :cheers:

GTX

QuoteBoomer, that chubby little bear barrel always looks like it should never have got off the ground & being derived from the Buffalo

Actually, the Boomerang was derived from the CAC Wirraway advanced trainer which itself was an Australian development of the T-6 Texan.

Regards,

Greg

Captain Canada

Wow.....great work, Bluntie ! The Superfrankenfurter is pretty awesome, with that long nose. Never been a fan of Japanese aviation, but I think I'm gonna like this one !

Now the Boomerang, on the other hand.........uhhhhhhh....Mmmmmm....... :wub:  :wub: I might need both hands for that one ! Awesome job on the details. pretty amazing for that small scale ! What did you do with the wing ? What is that silver thing ?

Also gotta thank you for starting this thread......wicked stuff ! I'm about to start printing off some of the images for my files, and am thinking about cobbling together one of those concepts. I'm thinking Avenger, Hellcat, Mustang wing.....

:cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Daryl J.

Wow!!!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That's awesome stuff.

Daryl J.