Jet Bomber Finished!

Started by matrixone, May 25, 2007, 07:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is the MPM 1/72 scale Messerschmitt Me 262 A-2a/U2, this model was kindly sent to me by cthulhu 77 months ago and I just finished Thursday.

I marked my Me 262 as a machine from KG 51, a unit that would have likely used this a/c if the war had lasted longer.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Wow Matrixone yet another amazing feat of Luft-goodness! I've often wondered how a 262 would look with a clear nose and it's great to finally see the idea take flight! Fantastic work on the paintjob and as usual, your black and white "period" photos are convincing enough to fool all the self-proclamed "experten". Masterful work!

Brian da Basher

matrixone

Thanks again Brian!

From what I read of the flight test reports this design showed great promise and would have been a very good weapons system, as usual with the German wonder weapons time ran out on another good idea.

Matrixone

Eddie M.

Another exceptional and outstanding piece of work you constructed. I really like your paint work. B)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

matrixone

Thank you Eddie!

Were it not for the wild camouflage schemes some of these German a/c wore I would not build as many of them, they are a lot of fun to paint!

Hobbyboss makes quick to build kits that don't look too bad so I will get some of them just so I can have more models to paint in a years time.

Matrixone

Rafael

First of all, pics stored in matrixone's luft folder B)
Just when I thought I saw the best of your work, you come up with something like this. Just amazing!!!

Wunderful work!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

BlackOps

Another great looking build Matrix.

I sure wouldn't want to be anywhere near that nose if you had a bird strike YIKES!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

matrixone

Thanks Rafa!

This model was not an easy to assemble kit and took some extra care to finish it to this standard, but I really like these short run kits because when I finish one it feels like I won a battle even if the finished model is crude compared to the kits produced by Tamiya, Hasegawa, and Revell of Germany. But it sure is fun to build a Tamiya quality model once in a while! It almost feels like I'm cheating when I build one.

Matrixone

matrixone

Thanks Jeff!

Imagine the bomb aimer trying to bail out of an out of control Me 262! Yikes!

Matrixone

cthulhu77

Damn Skippy!  That came out unbelievably fantastic, you did a bang up job on that difficult kit.

van883

Fantastic-in every way-what nose transparencies did you use?

Van

NARSES2

I really am going to get a copy of the unabridges Oxford dictionary as I've run out of superlatives  ;)

Stunning work as usual my friend - how you maintain (indeed improve) this standard is beyond me

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Archibald

Look ma! a drop-snoot 262 !!  :lol:  Never heard of this variant before, outstanding work as usual!!  :wub:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

matrixone

Thanks cthulhu 77, Van, Chris, and Archibald!

cthulhu 77,
Thanks again for letting me build this kit, it was not easy to make but as is the case with many of these MPM and Special Hobby kits it was worth the extra effort.

Van,
The MPM kit has vac-form parts included in it to build this version, this model was built OOB with no aftermarket parts, I did use decals from my spares box instead of those provided in the kit.

Archibald,
This version actually flew and during tests it was a success despite the lack of experience with the pilot and bomb aimer, the bombs landed on the targets most of the time.

Matrixone

Joe C-P

Fine work, as always. I wish I had the patience to play with Photoshop to make "old-fashioned" photos like yours.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.