A Type 44 Racer

Started by Glenn, May 29, 2007, 12:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

A mate gave me this model, early this year, as he had no place for it. He collects armour, and didn't know why he bought it in the first place! He told me that the decals were 'excrement', and he just stuck it on a shelf.
Well, I thought Christmas had come early, (March) and promised him that when finished, he wouldn't recognise it.
So, there it is.....as he finished it...........................
Glenn

Oh, by the way, it's Lindberg and scaled at 1/32.

Brian da Basher

Oooohhh nice spats! :wub:

Did I mention that I love spats? :wub:

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

You tease ! How long do we have to wait until we see what you turned it into ?

:dum:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Joe C-P

That's reel purty, y'all!

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

B777LR

Daryl J.

Now that is an excellent base for whiffery!

Daryl J.

Mossie

It's almost a shame to tear it up... Mwah ha haa!!! :ph34r:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

elmayerle

Is that a Wendell-Williams racer?  You might want to consider modifying it to match their P-34 proposal (see Jones' book on US Fighters).
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Glenn

Elmayerle, you been spying on me?.....that's taken the fun out of it!
Brian.....if you like 'the spats', you can have them...I won't need them with the finished model...as the XP-34 had retractable u/c.
Glenn

oh, by the way...photo 2 'broken down'

Brian da Basher

Oooh I'll gladly take those spats off your hands, Glenn! PM inbound!

Very interesting what you've got going on here...

Brian da Basher

elmayerle

QuoteElmayerle, you been spying on me?.....that's taken the fun out of it!
Brian.....if you like 'the spats', you can have them...I won't need them with the finished model...as the XP-34 had retractable u/c.
Glenn

oh, by the way...photo 2 'broken down'
Nope, not reading your mind, it's just what I'd do and one I've comtemplated from time to time.  It looks like it's disassembled quite nicely.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

ysi_maniac

QuoteIs that a Wendell-Williams racer?  You might want to consider modifying it to match their P-34 proposal (see Jones' book on US Fighters).
Is it possible to see a pic or drawing of this project?
Will die without understanding this world.

Mossie

Funnily enough, a book I bought today on the P-47 (I was suprised to find out the P-47 started life as a lightweight fighter design!) has a three view of the XP-34, apparently it was a competitor for the same contract.  The XP-34 was first proposed with a P&WR-1535, then a R-1830 when it was realised the earlier engine was being overtaken by new developments.

Scanned from Classic WWII Aviation Volume 4: P-47 Thunderbolt by Edward Shacklady.  Not the best quality pic, but that's how it is in the book.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

Thanks a lot, Simon. :cheers:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Daryl J.

With Lindberg pressing styrene again, it would be cool to see this kit available again.    
Daryl J.