1/48 Israeli Bo-105 "scorpion"

Started by PanzerWulff, May 30, 2007, 01:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

Well here is what I have so far I am planning an Israeli Hunter/Killer team in 1/48 the hunter is the Revell Germany 1/48 BO-105 PAH/VBH kit with HOT ATGM's. I'm planning on removing one of the triple hot racks and adding a 1/72 20mm cannon pod as a machine gun or minigun pod.I dont know if the Israelis use the HOT missle but I can always say it's a TOW or whatever they do use.Enough of my Babble on to the PICS!!! ;)

"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Howard of Effingham

looking good so far panzer!  ^_^  
Keeper of George the Cat.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Brian da Basher

Man that's some fine detail work in that cockpit, Panzer! It kinda reminds me of the W.U.H. a certain Howling Mouse has been laboring away on...

Brian da Basher

Rafael

YEEEEHAAAH!!! :wub:
Desert BO-105?

Marvelous idea, Chris!!!

Rafa
Looking forward to seeing more of it
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Shasper

The IDF uses the TOW and the Hellfire. I dig your thinking man!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

PanzerWulff

[/I][/B]Well I added the horizontal tail and it's endplates,landing skids,HOT...err TOW triple rack on the left side and built a mount for the gunpod from extra pieces and the right side HOT rack as for the gunpod I shortened a 1/72 GPU 5A 30mm gun pod by about 1/2 inch (I eyeballed it to what I felt looked right ;) ) I'm trying to decide on wether to use the kit's roof sight or to use the nose mounted one from a Hughes 500 MD Defender that I have in my spares box I'll have to try dry fitting it to see how it looks
On to the PICS

And a close up of the gun pod bolth origional (Left) and modified (Right)

"Panzer"

Shasper

You *could* drop a gun installation onto the centerline, the militarized BK-117 had this feature (pity it never sold though)

Shas B)
- Bud S.

kitnut617

Holy crap!  one burst from those two 30mm's and the helicopter will be flying backwards  :lol:  
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Damian2

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

PanzerWulff

QuoteHoly crap!  one burst from those two 30mm's and the helicopter will be flying backwards  :lol:
Well the gun pod is in 1/72 scale while the chopper is 1/48 and only one is going aboard and resizing it's legnth I'm not sure what the caliber would work out as.If I remember right there is a .50cal gatling weapon out there or maybe a single barrel 20mm. But without giving too much away it's "Killer" partner may be recieving multi 30mm weapons ;)  

John Howling Mouse

Ooooo, looking sinister!!!  More!  More!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Jeffry Fontaine

Personally, I would have left the overall length of the gunpod as is and call it a 12.7mm Gatling gun pod for the GE.50 caliber Gatling gun weapon which comes with three or six barrels.  It would be close enough in size to make it work as far as the size of the pod and actual weapon go and a .50 caliber Gatling gun is definitely something that will shred a soft skin target and light armor with armor piercing ammunition.  Ammunition feed could be the same helical set-up with the ammunition surrounding the weapon and feeding from front to rear and empty cartridge casings being shuttled back to the front to keep the center of gravity for the pod and helicopter from getting out of balance.  

It also unfortunate that you were not able to remove the rear seats on that thing, that would have been the logical position for the all of the black boxes that would be associated with your HOT/TOW missiles system.  Still with the rear compartment clear parts painted over, you can always claim that all of the required boxes are installed and call it done.  

The gun 1/72nd scale gun pods were one of the few items I found useful in the Hasegawa kits for use on 1/48th scale WHIF projects.    
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

PanzerWulff

Thanks Jeff Full legnth pod as a .50 Gatling it is  :thumbsup: As for the Missile Gadgetry it was already in there somewhere on the real thing and I figure reloads were in the rear "Clamshell" cargo area (I had a chance to take a peek in the rear of a "Life Flight"© Bo-105 once at a smaller airport airshow) I have been adding most of the detail Bumps and such while getting ready for paint I'll probably be popping some shots after primer is on But it has been pouring the past 2 days so no rattle can time
"Panzer"  

Shasper

Hey Panzer, if you want good pics of a 105 I can accomodate ;) (helps when Shas Sr is a medivac pilot flying. . . yup, a 105  :D )

Shas B)
- Bud S.