Ain't Much Subject 1: Phantom

Started by John Howling Mouse, June 02, 2007, 05:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

QuoteLooking good...do you hand paint the panel lines?
Good one!    :lol:

Nope, all done very carefully with double-edged masking pattern made from a special mixture of birdseed and Pablum!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Quoteyou just gave me the idea to do a F-4 with a Voodoo type tail.
Doesn't the F-4 already have a Voodoo-type tail ?

Nice work, Baz ! This thing is gonna rock !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

elmayerle

I always considered that the Phantom II combined the best aspects of the F3H and the F-101; it's derived from the good aerodynamics and basic layout of the F3H combined with the twin-engined aspects of the F-101 but it has neither the F-101's aerodynamic problems nor the Demon's lack of power.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

ysi_maniac

Phantoms, MiGs and Mirages are just so cool :o  B)
that I have to have one (at least) of them in my workbench. I DO love them. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Hi Barry, enjoy it
Will die without understanding this world.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

OK Mr Shrieking Rodent..... you have my attention !

Ian
- Sitting back and getting ready for the ride !
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Dork the kit slayer

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....A Phantom....cant remember when I last did a Phantom.........................and a hand painted ish ????  SEA scheme to boot.
Modelling at its best :thumbsup: .....way to go :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

John Howling Mouse

Have run into a slight snag: with all the boxing up of stuff I've done for The Big Move ™, I seem to have blocked off access to the wet-sanding workbench area!!

Captain Canada

Ahhhhh....moving is such fun !

:wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

What? Did you folks completely forget about this ugly little beastie?  -_-  I didn't.  Couldn't get it done prior to the move as hoped but it's out of hiding now and the putty is all sanded down, including a swack of ordnance.

Just finished Ed Rasimus' second fighter pilot autobiography this a.m. ("Palace Cobra" sequel to "When Thunder Rolled") and it got me pumped on Phantoms all over again.  Then, by fluke, the British model mag I took to the throne-room this morning just happened to have that excellent recap of the Viet Nam air war complete with Korat, Udon, and all the places/events Mr. Rasimus' own books describe in great detail.

So, believe it or not, this little Rhino is going to have some paint splashed on before you know it!

cthulhu77

Ya tease !  We need a pic of this and Eddie's Hogzilla flying low and slow over some jungleland.

nev

Quotejungleland

No-one watches as the ambulance pulls away......or as the girl shuts out the bedroom light?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Dork the kit slayer

watching this one with interest. It has the makings..if you know what I mean.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Captain Canada

If you thought we forgot, then you're just one of those people who thought we forgot.

Indeed, looking forward to some paint on this beastie !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Shasper

Just out of curiosity, is this suppose to be a E model, or something else? Reason I ask is because the front end on the gun housing looks like the APR-47 front end fitted to the G model Weasels.

Looks good so far, cant wait to see 'er done!

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

K5054NZ

;D ;D Very fine stuff, Sir John! I'm always friendly toward SEA, and five-colour sounds fantastic!

And it's yet another F-4 on the forum.....ARGH! GET ME A TOOM!!!!!