Gotterdammerung

Started by matrixone, June 03, 2007, 02:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Some old models that were scrapped today. Many of them have incorrect colors or decals starting to turn brown with age or both.
I needed to make room on my shelves for the new models I am building.

Matrixone

Rafael

I wish you had a warehouse or storage room, artwork never leaves the premises to an uncertain future.

But, new Matrixone™ works?!

Awesome!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

dogsbody

Did you recycle any useable parts to the spares box?
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

bluntie

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ,STRESS RELIEF!!!
my hovercraft is full of eels

matrixone

Anything that might be useful for future what-ifs was removed before they were smashed, notice the engineless Ju 188. The engines will appear on another Luftwaffe Dinah. Other models had the props removed.
If all the models were the same scale I would have had a neat (and cheap) diorama of an aircraft graveyard like those seen all over Germany just after the war ended in 1945. :D

Much better models will replace these old relics.

Matrixone

Jeffry Fontaine

If you had not been so brutal in your disassembly process you could have taken the remains of the kits and placed them in a box to offer up on WHIF to another modeler.  

Some of what you have just destroyed could have been put to use on other WHIF projects by another modeler.  For instance, the engine nacelles from your 1/32nd scale Me-262 kit might have proven useful to another modeler that was in need of some Jumo jet engine nacelles.  

Barry Snell (aka John Howling Mouse) is always in need of landing gear and wheels for his projects.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Mossie

Even in that condition, props, engines, transparencies, undercarriage & even large parts like fuse's & wings would still come in very handy for someone of Baz's skills!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

matrixone

Before my next round of downsizing I will offer the models to whoever might want them for parts...hope you understand that this was not easy for me to destroy these models and did not really plan on doing so today but bit the bullet and grabbed the oldest and dusty looking models took one last picture of them and smashed them into tiny bits and threw them away. :(

Next time I will recycle them.

Matrixone

John Howling Mouse

Ack!  :o  Ack!  :o

I can only imagine what Eddie could have done with the surplus!  I've just started learning how to graft even just bits of curved fuselage sections into kitbashes but Eddie, he could...oh well....

Your models, after all.   I see stuff like this go for pretty good coin on ebay, too.   More moolah for new kits?  Maybe next time.

Ack!  :(

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

matrixone

JHM,
Most of these models I had planned on getting rid of since last year but never had the guts to do it until today. I was doing yard work and other chores around the house today and while cleaning up I decided to go for it and grab a bunch of the old models and strip them of usable parts and then destroy what was left.
Had I known somebody might want the remains I would have held off and let people know about my intentions...but remember these were very old models, some were made before I knew or cared about filling and sanding seam lines.

Matrixone

Mossie

Don't worry about it too much Matrix, everyone has a clear out every now & then  & sometimes you just need to be ruthless.  I'm a bit of a horder, always keeping anything that 'might come in useful sometime'.  Nine times out of ten is doesn't & I just end up getting rid in the end.

At an airshow last year, I saw a model store holder selling off some old made up kits.  They were in various states of repair, some largely intact, some missing major parts.  The box was full at the beggining of the day, when I went back later it was all but empty.  At about £1 a kit (he'd negotiate), he'll have made around £40-50 I reckon, enough to make a good few additions to the stash!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

B777LR

I wouldnt mind a couple of planes, and stukas if youd one day have any to clear away, afterall, spats make any fighter look cool :wub:  

Brian da Basher

QuoteI wouldnt mind a couple of planes, and stukas if youd one day have any to clear away, afterall, spats make any fighter look cool :wub:
And it's a proven fact that spats add to the coolness factor of any aircraft by 1000%!

Did I mention that I love spats? :wub:

Brian da Basher

Damian2

If there are/were salvagable 1/48 Fw-190 D9 fuselage & prop assemblies I'd love to have them :)
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Tojo633

Dare I point out that you could have put that lot on a well known auction site and got something for them, and so someone could have put them to good use for some project or another.
Look forward to the new projects
Sandy