Some Recent Builds

Started by NARSES2, June 05, 2007, 03:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

First up are a couple of shots of my SEAC P-40B

Hobby Boss kit that has just had some inlets opened up and nose guns added

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

P40 again

Background is that when 112 was re-equiped with Kittyhawks, surplus Tomahawks were sent to India. There they were used to equip 1 Sqd RIAF whilst she was working up in Dehli. The Sqd was then re-equiped with Hurricanes prior to going to the Arakan.

Markings are a mixture of the box's - 112 Sqd serial etc, Almark SEAC roundels and others from a Sky sheet. The scheme Green/Brown/Azure Blue actually appeared on some SEAC Hurricanes and the model is set around early 1943 prior to the introduction of the white ID bands

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Another Hobby Boss kit

Early "Wildcat", again with just some simple detailing added - opened up air collers etc. Greek AF 1941

NARSES2

If the Wildcats had got to Greece rather hen joining the FAA at Gibralter what would they have looked like ?

All over USN "Grey", national markings from a F-84 sheet and other's from the spares box

NARSES2

Japanese Tank Buster

Mansyu Ki-98 equiped ground attack units were used against the US Invasion of the Philipines during 1947 (at least in my own little world) and with their single 37mm amd 2 20mm cannon plus 2 150kg bombs proved very effective. Later used against the Anglo-French push into Southern China.

NARSES2

This is the AV Resins kit which once you've sorted the under fusalage out (loads of sanding - but it's solid so no probs) is a nice little kit. Markings from kit plus spares box. And no the cockpit isn't on the wrong way round - honest - looks a bit odd but that's the way she goes

NARSES2

RAFAA Skyshark from the Anigrand kit. I wasn't particularly pleased with this build which is why I didn't arm her fully from one of the Hasegawa weapon's sets. Nice model just me that had a couple of problems

NARSES2

National markings etc froman old ESCI sheet I got off Mike McEvoy at Milton Keynes, rest of the markings are from spares box again.

Just look at that gorgeous prop  :wub:

NARSES2

Finaly a Aeronvale F-11 Tiger. The Aeronvale re-equiped with this jet fighter to use on Arromanches pror to the bigger carriers entering service with their F-8's

NARSES2

Hasegawa kit - markings from the boxing, a Accademy French F-8 and national markings from a Carpena sheet

Brian da Basher

Yowsa Narses those are some waaay cool models! I particularly like that Hellenic Wildcat! Looks so right in those markings!

Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

An awesome collection of nice models :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Captain Canada

Hey....that last one doesn't have a prop at all !

Sheesh......

;)

Nice work, Chris ! I especially enjoyed the Greek Wildcat. Looks awesome in that colour, and those roundels really set it off. Also diggin' the Ki-98. Can't say as I've ever seen one of those before....but I like it ! The Skyshark looks good from here, and I for one would like to see it all bombed up ! Like the Tiger as well, a neat little jet, that !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Chap

Chris, fantastic work on all of them! :thumbsup: I especially like the Kittyhawk and the Wildcat.

~Steve

nev

Oooh yeah baby......yeah, that's the spot.........oooh yeah...... :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Love it!!  P-40s don't normally do it for me, but that one sure does!!

Love the Tiger as well, looks very "right"  :wub:

The quality on all your builds is good as well Chris - more time to focus on your models now?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May