Some Recent Builds

Started by NARSES2, June 05, 2007, 03:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Thanks lads.

Strangely Nev I've not had more time since I've retired. :dum: Still doing some consultancy but getting around and visiting family and friends takes up time + I've seen more cricket this year then ever before. Off again tommorow to Arundel (Gorgeous place  :bow: ) and a couple of times over the next few weeks and I've still got the Test at the Oval to go.

Probably get more time when the good weather ends (tommorow ?  :P )

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mike Wren

great work Chris, the Tomahawk looks spot on  :wub:  

ysi_maniac

QuoteI've seen more cricket this year then ever before.
Do you prefer cricket to models? :wacko:

Mods, please, someone must make something. :P

Enjoy.
Will die without understanding this world.

Sisko

Nice little bunch of kits!

Thanks for sharing. :wub:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

nev

Dunno about Chris, but I find that cricket and modelling are the perfect companions.

Cricket commentary in England, aka Test Match Special is a national institution, as thoroughly English as green hills, cups of tea and Spitfires.  Because of the long pauses in action between balls, cricket, conversely enough, makes for brilliant radio as it allows the commentators time to talk in depth about the match being played, and the game of cricket in general.  And when they're not talking about cricket there's always buses, pigeons, low flying airliners and winding each other up.  TMS has a light hearted, irreverent, yet still highly intelligent style of commentary.  Its basically just a bunch of exclusive-school-educated ex-proffessional cricketers having a good time.  It's kinda hard to describe if you're not English/Commonwealth and cricket isn't in your blood.

I've said it before, but nothing makes me more content and at peace with the world than having the house to myself and sitting down to do some modelling with TMS on in the background.

Test Match Special can be listened to over the internet on the BBC website
TMS

The 3rd test between England and the West Indies starts Thursday till Monday, play is 11am to 6pm, I heartily recommend you make the time to listen at some point, it is a truly iconic piece of English culture.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

That P-40 and Wildcat are just lovely.
Great :wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Archibald

Dunno about Chris, but I find that cricket and modelling are the perfect companions.

Cricket commentary in England, aka Test Match Special is a national institution, as thoroughly English as green hills, cups of tea and Spitfires.  Because of the long pauses in action between balls, cricket, conversely enough, makes for brilliant radio as it allows the commentators time to talk in depth about the match being played, and the game of cricket in general.  And when they're not talking about cricket there's always buses, pigeons, low flying airliners and winding each other up.  TMS has a light hearted, irreverent, yet still highly intelligent style of commentary.  Its basically just a bunch of exclusive-school-educated ex-proffessional cricketers having a good time.  It's kinda hard to describe if you're not English/Commonwealth and cricket isn't in your blood.

I've said it before, but nothing makes me more content and at peace with the world than having the house to myself and sitting down to do some modelling with TMS on in the background.

Test Match Special can be listened to over the internet on the BBC website
TMS

The 3rd test between England and the West Indies starts Thursday till Monday, play is 11am to 6pm, I heartily recommend you make the time to listen at some point, it is a truly iconic piece of English culture.
Thanks for this nice lesson of civilization  :)  

Those models rocks, I love this Greek wildcat :wub:  (Greece has such an interesting Air force!!)  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

anthonyp

Very nice models, Chris!  I especially am a fan of that Aeronavale Tiger   :wub:  :wub:

:cheers:   :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Jetfixer

VERY cool builds, the P40 especially, cheers for sharing.

Greg
i'm not here, i'm a figment of someones imagination

elmayerle

Gorgeous work, though the term "Prop Splinter Group" makes me think of pranged aircraft with thoroughly busted props.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

NARSES2

QuoteGorgeous work, though the term "Prop Splinter Group" makes me think of pranged aircraft with thoroughly busted props.
:P Well I am getting on a bit Evan, undercarriage (knees) has already started to go  :D  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Me to Nev

Great day yesterday, wonderfull weather (forehead is glowing), good game, great conversation and a "few" pints of Harvey's  :cheers:

Horrible damp weather today - so modelling this pm

Chris

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Just superb stuff, Chris, really like the P-40 - but then I really like ALL P-40's - Are they going to be joining us at Doncaster ??

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

QuoteJust superb stuff, Chris, really like the P-40 - but then I really like ALL P-40's - Are they going to be joining us at Doncaster ??

Ian
Afraid not Ian - I have to be away to a party on the evening. So if they came with me some of my mates would be playing with them by 11-00pm  :cheers:

Have you noticed how some "mates" go on about "Chris's (insert appropriate name) toys" but when you see them just after you've been to the LHS they are all over the box, going "I remember my Airfix ********"  :D Keep telling them to have the guts and give it a go - two of them have  :)

Chris

Dork the kit slayer

Nice stuff our Chris.. :o  .I do like the French "Tiger"...and that Skyshark...what a beast :blink:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/