Main Menu
B

F-5j-1 Colt

Started by B777LR, June 07, 2007, 07:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B777LR

Inspired by a Modeling Madness review that featured Hellcats as the main USN torpedo bomber during 1946, against the german navy supercarriers, that also mentioned naval P-51s acting as recce planes ;)  :wub:

I used the Academy P-51C :rolleyes:

Brian da Basher

Trip 7 that's one sweet looking Mustang! You've done excellent work on that sharp paintjob! The P-51 is a real head-turner in that North Atlantic scheme.

Brian da Basher

Mossie

Glad you found good use of that kit Thomas, good work mate!  It's a very smart looking pant job, looking forward to seeing it finished!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

upnorth

That looks VERY right in that scheme! :wub:  
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Rafael

B777LR, You certainly have improved on the unimprovable!

Excellent camo choice....and role.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

NARSES2

Now that is really nice. Show's how simple Wiffery can actually be. Would grace any Club stand at a show

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

gooberliberation

^_^ I'm really suprised that there aren't more SeaStangs out in whiffworld.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

John Howling Mouse

Very believable ocean-going, faded look, too.

Very nicely done.  When you complete the undercarriage, will it include an arrestor hook?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Joe C-P

Good work! Carrier stuff always makes me happy.  ^_^ And an old Mustang in those colours is a lovely thing to see.

But Hellcats as torpedo bombers?  :huh: What happened to the Avenger?

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

B777LR

QuoteBut Hellcats as torpedo bombers?  :huh: What happened to the Avenger?
Too vulnereble to naval Me-262s :P  ^_^

I found the article: http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/allies/.../lacombef6f.htm

Now, how would the landing gear of a naval `51 look like?

cthulhu77

Nice work there !  The 51's fuselage was strong enough vertically to take an arrestor hook, you are going to want to beef up the gear a bit.  Perhaps picking up a Hellcat kit would give you the spares for this build, and then you can whiff the Hellcat ?

B777LR

QuoteNice work there !  The 51's fuselage was strong enough vertically to take an arrestor hook, you are going to want to beef up the gear a bit.  Perhaps picking up a Hellcat kit would give you the spares for this build, and then you can whiff the Hellcat ?
Hmm, perhaps that would be an idea, and there will be a stall selling kits at the danish air force airshow tommorow, so ill look...

elmayerle

Use the rest of the F6F kit and perhaps the P-51 gear, and do a solely land-based version in USAAF markings?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

ysi_maniac

Plausible subject and beautiful execution bttb. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

B777LR

What colour was the wheel wells of US navy fighters during WWII?