262+2x109=p. 28.776

Started by HOG, June 07, 2007, 09:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG

"But I must finish the half dozen or so projects I have on the go before I start anything else. The 109TL was supposed to be a quick 5 day project just to relieve the stress."  

The above was written just a few days ago, and then I saw a post by Leigh which involved Me 262 & 2x 109 kits. Leigh`s mod was in 1:72 scale and I wondered what I could do in 1:48. I had a Dragon 262 fuselage from the mistel kit and a couple of Revell/Monogram G10`s and before I knew what my hands were doing, I was sawing lumps of the 262.

Any way I have reached a compromise with myself and I am going to work on both this and the 262C1a that I posted earlier at the same time.

Anyway I`m this far into the `millering` and have shortend the 262 at both ends. The 109 has only the rear decking removed as yet.

The other side will be a mirror image of whats shown with a one piece tailplance joining the two fuselges at the reat and I presume a tricycle undercart

regards Gary[8-]  
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

ysi_maniac

Mad and so interestingly ... COOL :thumbsup:

PS: take your medication :D  
Will die without understanding this world.

B777LR

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

But perhaps you should cut the `109 wing in half, and use another wing in the middle between the fuselages? Or else wingspan would be a bit too short :salute:  

HOG

QuoteDo it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

But perhaps you should cut the `109 wing in half, and use another wing in the middle between the fuselages? Or else wingspan would be a bit too short :salute:
Nah I think it`l work, but if your really good I might add spats! ...............................................................................................................................sorry that should read slats. :D  
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Rafael

Spats!?

Who said spats!? :wub:

Before our BdB says it, spats add 1000% to the coolness factor.....

I too, say go with it, HOG!!!

So far it looks fantastic. I like the way you blended the rear of the 262.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

gooberliberation

:thumbsup: Woah, that's funky! Do it!
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Sisko

I like the concept. It has the beginnings of looking like one of the Blohm and Voss project fighters.

Just a suggestion.

Cut the wing of the 109 down the centre and make a centre piece wing section between the 109 and 262 section.

Move the cockpit out sightly it looks a little close.

Change the orentation of the landing gear as for this concept the 109 gear won't cut it.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

HOG

Hi All Again,
Please note-

"The other side will be a mirror image of whats shown with a one piece tailplance joining the two fuselges at the reat and I presume a tricycle undercart"

The `other side` will have another fuselage wing etc just like the one shown like onna P38 but a question-
What is a `tailplance` and where is a `reat`?

regards Gary[8-]
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

HOG

Hi All Againist,
Now that the 109TL(Eddies Request) is finished I can now start on this.
Been millerizing plastic and playing zoso and doing soso (slaponsandoff) and have the cuts and pix to prove it.

(Now I may not of been here long but i think I`ve worked out how to get your attention-deep breath)

It`s going to have a `T` tail and pink paint with SEAC markings with a natural metal finish with the top coat done in Marmite & mayonaise with a light salt garnish and a `Y`tail and spatz with unusual decals maybe from my hometown of Lavenham and RATO pods with 50`s Brit prototype markings in late Luftwaffy colours possibly with an impecably clean weathered finish. And yes I do know that spatz add 1000% to the work factor .

So I`m of out to stock up on filler and wet n dry and I`ll see you in the fall or in the words of Hall and Oates "I`m going shopping and I may be some time"

Regards to all Gary[8-]
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Eddie M.

Now, that is breathtaking! I love your ideas! :wub:  B)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Woah is that cool, HOG! I really like your latest modification!

It's ok about the spats....slats are very important too and also add to the coolness factor.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

GTX

Not sure if it is just me, but I cannot see any of your latest pics Gary.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Brian da Basher

Nope me too when I came back to look at this again. I got the dreaded red X. At least it's a chance to use the new emoticon.
:redx:
Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Did someone say "T-Tail"??????

:o  :)  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

HOG

Hi All
Am posting again let me know if you can see them.

Hows that?.  Recently organised photobucket so that may be cause.
When I originally posted these I noticed that I had some serious down thrust on the  outer fuselages (or are they now nacelles) in relation to the cockpit see photo 2. This has now been cured.
Gary[8-]
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )