262+2x109=p. 28.776

Started by HOG, June 07, 2007, 09:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffry Fontaine

Those rocket launchers are really over-engineered, it would have been much easier to go with a pod containing a quantity of rockets which could be jettisoned when expended, similar to what was used later by the US and NATO.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

B777LR

HOG

Hi BR777R

Yes I agree and is a copy although in 1:48 of his idea, inspired by his post as noted from the begining and with details of where to find it,once I was able to llocate again.
If you look closely you will note several detail changes to the models his being based on a 262 with 109 parts while mine is 2x109`s with just a 262 centersection.

I took his idea of shortages of the Jumo 004 and extended this further with the fact that at one time the RLM would not allow developement on further aircraft due to the war. Most german manufacturers tried to get round this by altering current designs and tweaking them to get round this restriction, such as the Me 155 which went through various guises as a carrier aircraft, a fighter bomber, and ended up as a high altitude fighter before being passed on to Blom & Voss and eventually becoming the BV 155.

Therefore this wiff is based on restrictions of developement and is of two current airframes grafted onto the 262 fuselage modified so as to save on weight. As the 109G-10 was one of the faster developements due to its more powerful engine and larger supercharger plus methanol injection, it seemed a suitable replacement for the jumo.

So this IS a copy, not of his model, but just his original idea and if I am guilty of plagarism I can only say that imitation is one of the best forms of compliment.
Regards Gary[8-]
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

B777LR

Dont worry about it resembling laighs plane, yours is GORGEUS HOG! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  (so is leighs) :wub:  :wub:

We need more kinds of these builds on this forum ;)  (twin-boom)

HOG

Progress continues

I`m really bored with slaponsandoff x infinity and am tempted to start something else to relieve the monotony.(NO musn`t , get slapped legs.)

As to things that go bang

That gives me:-
2x 30mm in nose
1x 30mm in each prop spinner
2x WGr.21 on center fuselage
2x triple WGr.21 ( 1 under each nacelle/109 fuselage)
2x 20mm (1 under each outer wing)
1x ?? mm on center fuselage
That should give a reasonable display either Jul 4 or Nov 5 depending on when I finish.

regards all Gary[8-]
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

B777LR

:wub: Sweeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttt! :wub:  

HOG

Looking for Advice
Been thinking, dangerous habit I know but, on my model i`ve built a `pod` under the fuselage for a canon don`t know what, but because of the front undercart the barrel is going to have to be short which cuts out anything big bore. I rember reading of a german army antitank gun that was air portable (used by parachute troops) but had a "squeeze bore". The shell would be put into the breach at one calibre and would be squeezed through a tapering barrel reducing its diameter and reaching a high enough velocity to penetrate the tanks armour. Would somthing like this work on an airoplane? Anyone know?
I also seem to remember other work being carried out on larger calibres before the war ended.
Next thought   I`m thinking about making the engines on this rotate in opposite directions. Would it work if I cut of the props and put them back on back to front?

thanx Gary[8-]
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

B777LR

Some Me-262 were fitted with a 50mm cannon for destroying bombers ;)
Not sure of its succes though, it had a very small rate of fire.

Picture of what it looked like

As for the counter rotating props, go for it! It needs every bit of power it can get! :wub:  

ysi_maniac

QuoteI`m thinking about making the engines on this rotate in opposite directions. Would it work if I cut of the props and put them back on back to front?
You have to cut the blades of one propeler and reorientate them.
Will die without understanding this world.

PanzerWulff

Make sure the props rotate inward toward the centeral fuselage that was one flaw on early P-38's when they had to cut one engine the torque of the still running engine worked against the pilot in trying to keep the aircraft level  ;) Ilove the project so far cant wait to see more :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Brian da Basher

Wow armed to the teeth! Great stuff, HOG!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

That gives me:-
2x 30mm in nose
1x 30mm in each prop spinner
2x WGr.21 on center fuselage
2x triple WGr.21 ( 1 under each nacelle/109 fuselage)
2x 20mm (1 under each outer wing)
1x ?? mm on center fuselage
That should give a reasonable display either Jul 4 or Nov 5 depending on when I finish.

Uh, do you have three "rocket tubes" under each nacelle (I don't know what a WGr.21 is but you say you have one of those under each nacelle)?

How would they fire through the propeller's arc (can they be synchronized)?

I'm soooooooooooooo confused now.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

HOG

Uh, do you have three "rocket tubes" under each nacelle (I don't know what a WGr.21 is but you say you have one of those under each nacelle)?

Urm.................................
Ahh.................................
Maybe-............................
What if--..........................
Urm.................................
             BUGGER!
...............What if they fired them really really fast?
............How about very short missile bodies?.
...........How about using those etched metal blurry props
....................??????????????????????????
We`ll get back to you on this one soon.

Thanks JHM I`d rather be told now. Still its nice to know people do think and it isn`t all nice paint-model-decals- fill in blank when people comment on models.
cheers gary[8-]
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

B777LR

QuoteUh, do you have three "rocket tubes" under each nacelle (I don't know what a WGr.21 is but you say you have one of those under each nacelle)?

How do you fire anything through a counter rotating props arch?

bluntie

Oh , i thought they might fire in the other direction,backwards like,ya know those pesky amerikaners in their P51's an stuff....looks good HOG............
ok i'll go back in the box now.....
my hovercraft is full of eels