Turboprop Focke Wulf

Started by ysi_maniac, June 07, 2007, 11:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Someone posted this profile in this forum. I do not remember who.
It represents an idea I was playing with several times and perhaps it is time to do it in 3D.

First I want to ask permission to the author and then a question: I think this is based on Ta-152. As I want to make a COIN machine, should I think in shorter wings?, Fw-190 Dora?
Will die without understanding this world.

Chap

Carlos, I'm the one who cobbled this profile together and feel free to use it. It is based on a Ta-152C, the "C" variant had shorter wings; the engine is a Rolls-Royce Dart turboprop that I traced from a Cavalier Mustang. The idea is a COIN aircraft that was part of the Luftwaffe in the wonderful novel Fatherland by Robert Harris. Our resident Luftwaffe experten, Matrixone, informed me that Dragon makes a 1/72nd Ta-152C but it is a poor fitting kit. If and when I build this one, it will be an electric powered, balsawood, Radio Control model. Good luck Carlos and I can't wait to see it take shape. :thumbsup:

~Steve

Rafael

Another marvelous example of plastic surgery!!!

Don't miss it at whiff-channel!

Carlos, this is a real beauty and a challenging build.

What do you plan to use as forward fuselage?

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

matrixone

Carlos,
The Dragon 1/72 scale Ta 152C is a very poor fitting kit, one area that was difficult was adding the engine cowl to the rest of the fuselage, it just did not match up well no matter what I tried. If you were to build this kit with a turboprop instead of the kit engine cowling it might actually be easier than building it O.O.B!
Most of the Dragon kits I have built have some issues with the fit of some of the parts but their Ta 152C is maybe the worst I have ever built...but also is one of my favorite models on the shelf.

Matrixone

John Howling Mouse

Yes, I remember when I first saw this idea of yours, Chap!
German airplanes are one of the only type I normally avoid as they just don't resonate with me (ducks as Xuron snips fly overhead from Matrixone) but I recall an instant attraction to this fantastic, updated conceptual when I first saw the profile.

Carlos, if you need any supplies to pull this off, just let me know.  This is so obviously one of those ideas that just HAS to be done in 3D styrene (or balsa, etc.).

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

GTX

QuoteThe idea is a COIN aircraft that was part of the Luftwaffe in the wonderful novel Fatherland by Robert Harris.

As a twist, you could do it as a Post war development by Kurt Tank when he was in Argentina.  Still as a COIN machine but with a real Dart turbo-prop.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!