Shark Mouth. Tiger Stripes, And A Rocket Up The Re

Started by HOG, June 07, 2007, 04:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG

Hello again all
    This is the other build along with the 262/109 that I going to do side by side.

This is I think the 4th resurection of this kit. I started it about 2 maybe 3 years ago as a standard 262  but kept getting frustrated with it`s buildability. I had actually binned it, but rescued it when I remembered how much work I already stuck in it. I decided to go a different route to cure the worst bits of the original build,- twisted tail, weird moulding on engine, and paint finish.  A tiger stripe and sharkmouth paint improved the finish, cutting of the tail and scratching a Walter engine improved the rear and a razor saw and engine moulding from the Dragon V056 helped out on the wing.

This photo walkaround gives state of play at present and really there isn`t that much to do. Moulding cowls for the engine. ground crew, and a few dio detail bits should do it but I`ll let you know how it goes.
regards Gary[8-]

H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Scooterman

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

bluntie

Great work there Hog! the tiger stripes work a treat on the 262,and a good original idea it is too,by the look of things i would say you dabble in a bit of armour? if thats the case i for one would like to have a look,if not i reckon you should! :thumbsup:  
my hovercraft is full of eels

Howard of Effingham

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:

bestest 262 i have seen in a long, long time!

more please.

t.
Keeper of George the Cat.

GTX

We are not worthly!!!  We are not worthly!!! :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

HOG

Quotei would say you dabble in a bit of armour? if thats the case i for one would like to have a look,if not i reckon you should! :thumbsup:

Sorry Bluntie,
Armours way to heavy. More a frilly shirt, highwayman collar, and knee high boots person.

thinks to self....ah the sixties great times.
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

bluntie

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:    welcome to the nut house !  :ar:  
my hovercraft is full of eels

gooberliberation

QuoteShark Mouth. Tiger Stripes, And A Rocket Up The Re...

I don't think there's anything about this build that DOESNT KICK arse! :thumbsup:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

ysi_maniac

What a WONDERFUL model!
Top notch, really.

:wub:  :bow:  :wub:  :bow:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

John Howling Mouse

Incredible!

Didn't you find this site via Eddie M?

Hmmm....Must be a ploy by Eddie to increase membership at the ol' knitting club.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Joe C-P

That is some impressive work and a great imagination.  B) Looking forward to the final result.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Brian da Basher

I really like how you used the kit's deficencies to your advantage! Having the tail seperated like that was absolutely inspired. It kind of reminds me of the old Monogram F-80. Excellent work!

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

One of the best 262 builds I have ever seen...that tail is incredible.