Shark Mouth. Tiger Stripes, And A Rocket Up The Re

Started by HOG, June 07, 2007, 04:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

It looks like you've found home! Outstanding work. Imagine if Matrixone and HOG did a build together. WOW! That is a sweet jet you've got there. B)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Gary

Actually, I'm kinda surprized that 'dolf's gang didn't do that. This is one of those wiff's that's believable. Very kool!
Getting back into modeling

HOG

QuoteActually, I'm kinda surprized that 'dolf's gang didn't do that. This is one of those wiff's that's believable. Very kool!
Hi Gary,
Sorry mate but I`m afraid they did. Its just the paint finish thats fictional. I was bored with splinters ana two tone greys, ana Eddie was doing his P40 over on FSM ana people kept on about sharkmouths ana......................................................LOOK I`M SORRY OK! :D

regards Gary[8-]
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

QuoteIt looks like you've found home! Outstanding work. Imagine if Matrixone and HOG did a build together. WOW! That is a sweet jet you've got there. B)
   Eddie
You know, that's a 24-karat, gold plated idea, Mr Miller!

It could be like the "scrambled fighter" inernational project you guys have got going on.
B)
Brian da Basher

HOG

QuoteIt looks like you've found home! Outstanding work. Imagine if Matrixone and HOG did a build together. WOW! That is a sweet jet you've got there. B)
   Eddie

It could be like the "scrambled fighter" inernational project you guys have got going on.
B)
Brian da Basher

Sorry guys I have a few to many personal commitments to go that route at the moment. Perhaps later.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Eddie M.

Eddie

B)
Brian da Basher

Sorry guys I have a few to many personal commitments to go that route at the moment. Perhaps later.
Oh, I'm not expecting you to jump through flaming hoops just yet, but one day..... ;)  :lol:
 Eddie  
Look behind you!

matrixone

HOG,
Terrific model and very nice detail work on it! :cheers:

Rarely does anyone on this site make WWII Luftwaffe whiffs, its very good to see them posted.

Matrixone

HOG

Oh, I'm not expecting you to jump through fxxxxxx hoops just yet, but one day..... ;)  :lol:
 Eddie[/QUOTE]

Oh Eddie such language :o
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Eddie M.

QuoteOh, I'm not expecting you to jump through fxxxxxx hoops just yet, but one day..... ;)  :lol:
 Eddie

Oh Eddie such language :o [/quote]
A misunderstanding maybe? I meant the type of flaming hoops that tigers jump through at the circus. Just a little joke. ;)  :P :) Does that phrase mean something else where you live? Never mind, I don't think I want to know....  :rolleyes: :lol:
  Eddie

Look behind you!

HOG

Hi Eddie,
Just to explain your remark. You know how you have two legs well I was just pulling one of them.
Gary[8-]
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Eddie M.

QuoteHi Eddie,
Just to explain your remark. You know how you have two legs well I was just pulling one of them.
Gary[8-]
:thumbsup: :lol:  :cheers:
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

HOG

Hi Alls,
Now the Swan has gone to that great lake in the sky, it`s time to catch up with some of my wimps.

Crew ladder from Evergreen strip and bits. I like the bottle, a turned down bit of clear sprue, and the paint brush, a turned down bit of grey sprue. Best investment I ever made - a variable speed Dremel. Paint pot from white metal OO railway access` think it was a milk churn.

Engine cowls under the wing from kit slightly modified, OO mod r/way duckboards. Crates from scrap plascard. The red disc is a FOD see next picture, and the tarp is tissue/PVA .

In this pic is the FOD previously mentioned, tow bar from Tamiya 262, and wire that was attached to main legs via the towbar to help spread weight when towing.

The tail trolley, this was in the first batch of pictures but someone asked for closeups so here they are. The wheels come from various Hobbycraft 109`s and the body is again Evergreen strip rod and scrap and contains over 250 swear words used in construction.

And finally a general view.

Doing dio`s around the model to create a lived in world look is I think the most enjoyable bit for me, it`s what makes my models mine. Plus the fact that I try to use little or no aftermarket bits in a build as possible. Now its a trip to the shops for some Tamiya figures to convert and this will be finished, and will post when done.
Regards Gary

WIMPS    works in minute progress stages
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

That's some incredible work, HOG! I really like your extra touches, like the bottle you scratched from clear sprue. Amazing!

Brian da Basher

lancer

How in hell did I miss this one??? It's bloody BRILLIANT!!!! I echo some of the comments I've already seen on here in so far as this has got to be one of the finest builds I've ever seen. The details are superb. I love the tiger stripes and that gaping sharks mouth, they look so at home on that bird it's spooky.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ysi_maniac

I always admire the guys that are able to make such a diorama
:bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Gorgeous
Will die without understanding this world.