Project Cancelled

Started by Dork the kit slayer, June 08, 2007, 02:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dork the kit slayer

After the usual whoo Ha over a new project....I never got round to really completing this. :banghead:

Its now in the naughty box....perhaps Ill strip it down and rebuild it one day......................................perhaps Ill live that long....................

These two views were the " Spanish" mercenary squadron the other side being the "Crusader" machine. No "Templar" crosses so it became a "Maltese Knights" machine.

Made a complete "balls up" masking and painting the canopy..then ran out of the paint mix....lost a couple of parts to the Dyson or carpet monster,than ran out of patience altogether....so into the naughty box.

THe "RAF Cutlass " was an even bigger disaster. I got to the almost finished stage and even wrote the back story regarding service history and the inconsistant paint scheme...only to fog the canopy with super glue,then run over it with my desk chair, :banghead:  :banghead: by that time Id lost ( couldnt remember where) the load out of redtop missiles :dum:  :dum:  :dum:

So now Im at the start of a decorating and up grading my model room....no doubt Ill start another project at summers end,..........but not these two old hanger queens.
:(  :o  :o  :o
Thanks for letting me share my modelling woes :cheers:  :cheers:

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Howard of Effingham

the mirage looks done to me and well done at that.  ^_^

still if you do need to use the mr muscle/modelstrip then, RAF or KLu markings please.

go on you know you want to!  :P

i missed the cutlass first time but this i like :wub:  :wub:  :wub: can we have the backstory
for her even if its only a short one?

Keeper of George the Cat.

B777LR

What? Its a whiff already!?!?!? Would be sad to remove such a perfect paint finish! :(  More pictures of it please :thumbsup:  :wub:  

Dork the kit slayer

QuoteWhat? Its a whiff already!?!?!? Would be sad to remove such a perfect paint finish! :(  More pictures of it please :thumbsup:  :wub:
Im afraid the camera DOES lie,my Danish chum.....but Ill PM you a couple of photos ,just for your kind words.
DtKS :cheers:  

ysi_maniac

Just BEAUTIFUL.

Those Mirage III (a Mirage III is always cool) are wow, the spanish one touched me.
And weird Cutlas in British colors :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

John Howling Mouse

Funny how one modeler's regret-kits can be such sources of interest/fascination for another.

I echo everyone else's comments: with the exception of maybe some missing landing gear bits, they both look done and they both look good.

If you hadn't mentioned any sense of flaws that can only be detected "live and in person,"  I would have been oblivious to them (heck, I can't see anything wrong with either subject, anyhow).

:wub:  :wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Dork the kit slayer

JHM.......In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king........but ta anyway. :D  :D

I never finished the "Cutlass" because of the canopy disaster......landing gear bits.....yep...got all those........well most of 'em :cheers:  

Brian da Basher

Yowsa Dork your idea of a "disaster" is my idea of a very well-built model! I wish I had the patience to achieve such nice builds! I don't know how it is for the rest of you, but with my stuff, there's always at least something a little off.

Great work, Dork! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Brian da Basher

nev

That Mirage is teh shiznit!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May