Flemish Typhoon

Started by Spey_Phantom, June 10, 2007, 04:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

with decal paper for the decals on the way, i decided to build the first model destined to be in Flemish Air Command colors. the aircraft i chosen was the Eurofighter Typhoon, of witch the FAC recieved 8 (6 single- and 2 twinseaters), i still need to get the typhoon model (im thinking of a 2-seater). there will however be a difference, as the flemish typhoons wont carry sidewinder, asraam or iris-t's but they will be equiped with the new Python-5 missiles i scratchbuild (i had to cut up 2 AIM-9's and Magic's for them)

below: i reworked one of glanini's typhoon profiles to make it look like how the completed model would look.

bottom, the Python missiles under an RAF typhoon wing  B)

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

first paint has been aplied, still a long way to go  B)

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

the kit arrived today, its the 1/72 Italeri ef.2000 twinseat model.
the serial for this aircraft will be 257, the first of 2 2-seater delivered to the Flemish Air Command on march 10, 2007.

i will post progress pics of the cockpit later when i start on the building  B)
still have to wait till tommorow until my decal sheets come in  ^_^  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

progress report.

last night i started with pre-painting of the cockpit and the AMRAAM missiles, and furthermore, as soon as my decalsheets arrived, they were printed out, just need to let them dry and thes spray some blank paint over it (tamiya TS-13 blank paint spray can)

here's the progress and the decals  ^_^

(PS: dont take notice of the other markings on the sheet, those are for other projects, and i hope you like my new Flemish naval command roundels, as you can see they are the standard FAC roundel with an anchor behind it)

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Hobbes

Where did you have that decalsheet printed?  

Spey_Phantom

QuoteWhere did you have that decalsheet printed?
at home, since it was special inkjet paper, there was no need to go elsewhere to get it printed out  B)  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

ysi_maniac

Beatiful decals indeed :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Spey_Phantom

progress:

the cockpit has already been assembled and mounted into the airframe. afterwards, the pre-assembled wing was glued to the fuselage. all i need to do now is mout the canards, the landing gear, close the IFR probe door and prepare to apply the first coat of paint  B)

pics will follow later  ^_^  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

did some serious work this afternoon, and the build was shifted into a higher notch, she is now about 80% complete, i still need to work on the details and the air-ground armament. here's how she looks up to now  B)

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Mossie

Blimey, that was quick, on the sprues to finished in a matter of hours!  I've got to learn how to build like that!  Nice job Nils!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

cthulhu77

Neat looking dart !  Agreed, some slick markings...

Brian da Basher

Seconded! Love the markings, Nils!

Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Nice work Nils! I swear I just blinked once and you were done  :lol:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Good job!  Did you use the Testors decal kit?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Glenn Gilbertson

Great work!    :salute:  Who makes the inkjet decal paper?