Albertosaurus Libratus

Started by cthulhu77, June 10, 2007, 02:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

The leg is starting to be blended in, and the foot has been remade:

The Rat

QuoteOur poor female canuckian (is that a word?) ...
It is now! Great work Greg!

And I'll go further than Baz, have him wiping his butt with a Leafs' jersey.  <_<  :P  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

BlackOps

Now you've gone and done it! I love Dino's!

Cool stuff Greg, I need to get back to work on my dinoman! Maybe they could go on a date  :lol:

Sure wish I would have known about the glass eyes before I attached his head!

Oh, and no Brian your not the only one! I love the cool patterns you see in alot of the Dinosaur illustrations :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

cthulhu77

We need to see that project completed!!!

using a small file to make the forearm scales:

HOG

Quoteoh, just a snippet...tot teddy bear eyes fit neatly into hollowed sockets of the kit pretty well...look out for the small transparent ones with black pupils...
I once saw an article years back, where the moddeler was building the Tamiya dinosuars.  He used eyes he bought from a Taxidermy supplier, they're not that expensive (at least in the sizes you need for a model) & have the advantages of coming in several sizes & species so you can get the exact look you want.  They're realtively easy to get hold of these days too with that Inter-web thingmybob.

Have a look at this article:
http://www.gremlins.com/dan_brandt/taxidermy_eyes.html

Slightly OT, does anyone know of monkey, ape or human ancestor kits?  Or any prehistoric creature kits of any kind?
Aurora made cave men figures(Neanderthals and Cro Magnon types) way back when and occaisionaly see them on Ebah or give Comet Miniatures a call. He often has old stuff
Revell has done a Gorilla I think as an endangered species range and I seem to remember a small monkey from either them or Monogram
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

BlackOps

Greg, good thinking using the file, looks just right.  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

cthulhu77

Thanks all !  We have decided to name her "Sheila"...a tribute to both the Aussie friends and the Canuckians.

You can see how just moving the head a bit, and the tail, make it look like she is running fairly fast after something:

cthulhu77

I'm using the talcum powder and white glue filler for the lower jaw gap:

BlackOps

Ooooooh, Dino dentistry!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

QuoteOoooooh, Dino dentistry!
Dentistry, ouch! (I had an emergency root canal on Monday  :(  )

Wow is it fun to watch your progress Greg! Awesome work on the jaw! I can see why you win so many awards!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Ouch! Sorry about that Brian. Dentists are probably my biggest fear  :o  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

cthulhu77

QuoteOuch! Sorry about that Brian. Dentists are probably my biggest fear  :o
Oh, I don't know...the dental assistant at the office I go to has a rather pleasant...hmm. Rack?
 Swishing and spitting was never so much fun.

John Howling Mouse

This is ridiculously good, Greg.  Is the reshaping of puttied joint sections as difficult as I think it would be?

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

Dude...it is a walk in the park compared to putty jobs on a plane...these dino kits are a breeze!

Got Sheila positioned on her base: