Albertosaurus Libratus

Started by cthulhu77, June 10, 2007, 02:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Nice touch, cute little critter!  Reminds me of the newts we used to catch as kids.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Damian2

Holy crud this is amazingly awesome!!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

cthulhu77

:cheers:

pouring the water on :

*side note...when you are pouring this stuff, do not lean over it and inhale. Boy, do I feel funky!!!!! :blink:  

TsrJoe

waw...truly impressive work there...love the lil lobefin too..really sets off your base...what did you use for the dried mud effect?

:bow:

cheers, joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

HOG

Hi there
Just a small point but its quite unusual to find the landscape so dry and cracked next to water.
I know you said the dio` was early spring and it is possible for the cold to crack the ground, but if it`s that cold would reptiles be active?
Mind you I`m probly jumping the gun and you intend to cover these bits with turf etc.
Sorry going back into the cupboard.

PS what do you use for water?
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

cthulhu77

Yep, the "cracked" effect was actually unintentional, and gets covered over...will keep it in mind for future projects, though. I mixed two uncompatible powders together, Fix All and Thinset, and it took daaaaays to dry, hence the cracking.

Archosaurs really weren't reptiles (at least, that is the current pattern of thought), were warm blooded like birds are, and hunted year round, even in the snow, the the area they frequented would only have been freezing for limited times of the year, and snowfall would have been short lived.

In this case, I used Enviro-Tech Lite resin for the water...it smells a bit, but not as bad as some other resins, and costs about 17 bucks per pint...just a little more than hot setting resin (fiberglass resin).  If you remember the Arado diorama, I used hot resin on that one, and damn near melted the floats of the plane!

Glad you all like the fish...it's those little things that make the difference.

BlackOps

QuoteGlad you all like the fish...it's those little things that make the difference.
Greg, this is looking so damn good!  I loved the ray in your Arado dio and your new lobe finned fish looks to be just as cool  :thumbsup:

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You are a remarkable artist. This is awe inspiring and just plain fun to look at. In other words, yer the MAN! :bow:  :salute:
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

philp

Did you get her done for the Regional?
Would love to have heard the comments of the crowd.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

John Howling Mouse

QuoteJust a small point but its quite unusual to find the landscape so dry and cracked next to water.
Heh, heh, you haven't been to Alberta during summer lately.   B)

Greg, this is beyond even your usual degree of "unbelievably good."

Wow, humbling.  

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

QuoteGlad you all like the fish...it's those little things that make the difference.
Ms. Courtenay-Latimer would be proud!  :thumbsup:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

cthulhu77

hehe...loved that fish!  I love it when things like that happen in science...

Thanks all, and yep, she is done, and heading over to the regionals at 9 am today. Went in yesterday to meet up with some friends, and there are some truly wonderful models...I will take pics, don't worry.

Greg the Dinosaur Hunter

cthulhu77

Wow, some seriously wonderful builds there...I lucked out and took a first in the Dinosaurs:

The Rat

QuoteI lucked out and took a first in the Dinosaurs
And richly deserved it is too! Congratulations!  :party:  :cheers:  :thumbsup:  :bow:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Daryl J.

Melikes!!

What was the fish made from?

Daryl J.