New Project Off The Drawing Board

Started by Dork the kit slayer, June 14, 2007, 06:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chap

QuoteDork that sucker looks mean. How mean? Mean enough to make you soil yourself if that thing came overhead.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Beautiful work Dork, from every angle she looks like a winner.

~Steve

Ian the Kiwi Herder

One of your best, old friend..... by some considerable margin.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Sisko

Nice one!

Not a great fan of the dark blue navy scheme but it looks nice on that puppy.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mike Wren

Dork the kit slayer

Just afoot note before I put this project to bed. Thanks for the interest gents,as for those poor sad souls that wanted the building details and pics...there in your mail box.
Every build we do I think there are lessons to be learned and this was no different. So when I do it in 1:48 hopefully I will remember to have better planning and a better painting schedule.
I was pleased with the weathered tanks,but I think they should have been sprayed rather than brush painted and rubbed down.

I did test a few weapon fits out. But I should have decided where to go before I started painting.....pylons etc really should be in place before paint as all the test fitting and adjustments take there toll. :banghead: I rather liked using this 1:48 scale rocket on its own mounts. A bit like the "mighty mouse" If I'd gone that route I would have mounted five and of course filled in the 1:72 hard point slots. In 1:48  I have no idea where I would get 1:32nd rockets. :(

If I had choosen a wings down,instead of the quick and easy (lazy) folded I'd go for a dihedral similar but not as great as a Corsair and Spitfire cannons would have been a must.

Click on the thumbnails to se what I mean.

Ill leave it in a dark room for a while then strip it down,I can see it re surfacing in SEA or even gullgray/white with all those rocket pods and "crispy critter" tanks.( I should live that long)
Meanwhile there are a few more variations to get of of this box of tricks. :cheers:

and that trike Skyraider is :bow:  :bow: interesting.

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Brian da Basher

Yowsa Dork this one's a real winner! I'm glad you went with the framed canopy. It adds that extra bit of mystery and gives it a real tough look. Stunning work!

Brian da Basher

Glenn Gilbertson

Very plausible. A mean looking beast and great modelling!
:salute:  

Captain Canada

Wow, Dorko....that is bloody aweosme ! Sure looks the part. Love the camo and markings, really suit her !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ysi_maniac

Absolutely top notch :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.