Finally The Updated J-10 Revealed

Started by Deino, June 14, 2007, 06:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Shasper

Looks like a cross between the J-10 and the MiG-1.42

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Deino

Yes, I know that is an old ... very old tread, but that topic fits quite nicely to the (maybe) real updated J-10B !!!!

Hy guys ... just noticed yesterday ... and my first impression was "uhhh ... not again", but then there are two more pictures, which seem to show some details, which were usually ommitted by a standard Chinese PS-Fan-Boy, like a wide-angle holographic HUD, the formation lights, the MAW's, ...
Another hint that it may be real is the fact that most discussions are relativly calm and even guys (like huitong) who normally tend to be very critic say its real.

[PS-alert ... maybe on]Anyway ... these are supposed to be the first picture of the improved version of the J-10 sometimes called J-10A+, J-10B or even Super-10.

Again, if real it shows some interesting changes to the older version:

1. A longer nose probe (on the prototype with a huge boom).

2. Gray oval shaped radome with a flat underside that leads to a

3. DSI intake.

4. There is a line above the DSI that appears to be a retractable probe.

5. IRST in front of the canopy.

6. The rudder tip is now rounded and taller. Possible ECM change.

7. The two rear ventral fins are extended.

8. The exhaust appears a little different this time (seems maybe the WS-10A).

9. There is a swelling underneath the parachute boom, same swelling appears on the JF-17s. Could be MAWS.

10. the larger holographic HUD as fitted to the J-11B.
[PS-alert ... maybe off]

So, what do You think ?? ???

Deino

-
W.H.Auden (1945

PR19_Kit

They stole the fin from a Mirage F1.......

and the intake from a Crusader III.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Deino

-
W.H.Auden (1945

B777LR

Vat? Dis J-10 can not veally be serios. I mean, it dos not look like eiver the F-16 OR the Lavi! ;D

Deino

-
W.H.Auden (1945

Sauragnmon

Very Interesting, this J-10B we see here.  I'll have to take these visuals into consideration when I do my Super-10 concept.  IRST ball I think I have one, wider, oval nose, I think I can do potentially.  Round-topped fin, I think I have a tail from an Su-34 I can clip to fit.  The rear stabilizers I'll have to work on.  I wonder how you'd do a single-mouthed twin-engine DSI... Central cone and treat it all as one big intake with the splitter further back from the mouth maybe?

Of course, I could also just go for broke and buy another J-10 to turn into a J-10B.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Shasper

Uh oh, its official . . . the Typhoon was invited to the *woodshed* (real term ommitted for the sensitive members)

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Deino

Finally clear pictures ... so, no longer any doubts about being a FAKE.

Deino

-
W.H.Auden (1945

pyro-manic

Big beastie for a single-engined fighter, isn't it?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

B777LR

Quote from: pyro-manic on May 25, 2009, 12:00:54 PM
Big beastie for a single-engined fighter, isn't it?

Wasn't the Viggen the size of an F-15?

Sauragnmon

She looks big, but consider, she's Roughly the size of a -16, and runs on a Saturn, or in the new version, the WS-10, which is an uprated domestic version of the AL-31...
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

dragon

Am I the only one that's thinking that this plane would do well with a "nose job"?

You know, if the cockpit and nose were more FLANKER-like, this beast would be a real beauty.  Perhaps grafting an SU-30 cockpit and nose to the J-10 fuselage....

Of course, Forward Swept Wings would also be de rigeur.
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Sauragnmon

I think ostensibly the panel lines and the odd demarcation on the nosecone are part of what trash the whole outline of the aircraft.  Forward Swept Wings would drastically change some of the outline as well, as the canard/delta combination that is the J-10 somewhat change it.  I'm quite impressed with the DSI choice, which I think is somewhat forward thinking, considering that it alters the machining complexity of the aircraft, can be used to increase fuel capacity a little (they expanded the tank on the -16 when they did the DSI installation) and I think part of what causes some annoyance, with me, on the whole design of the aircraft is the drooped nose probe angle - a straighter probe would change the look as well.  Additionally, it might help if they smoothed out that dorsal hump a little, shifting some weight aftward so as to improve the craft's area ruling - this might also be a good point to the DSI and the expanded tailplanes - it decreases some of the forward weight, and shifts some aft with the expanded tail areas.