Finally The Updated J-10 Revealed

Started by Deino, June 14, 2007, 06:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

Just enjoy ....   :woot.gif:   ... the first aircraft from the "1. August" PLAAF-demo-team !!!

Deino

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Sauragnmon

Gotta admit, that is one sexy paint scheme.  Real sharp and wicked.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Mossie

Lovely demo aircraft! I missed the pics of the updated J-10 with the paint on, looks very nice & very potent....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

Honestly, I don't like the display bird. It looks like they tried to copy the Thunderbirds scheme. And that IFR probe has got to go!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Sauragnmon

Comparatively, Pyro, the TBirds have more red in all facings over the 81st J-10 scheme.  I Love the way their blue is actually a richer blue as well - I find the TBirds blue seems a little more pale by comparison, the 81st's blue is, and has been, a richer blue overall, and it really sets off nicely against the white.  The PRC flag tail is an interesting change though, I miss the original Blue on White tail pattern.  That and IIRC, the Thunderbirds underbody paint includes a Native Thunderbird style marking, but I could be wrong on that.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Captain Canada

She's a beauty alright...thanks for sharing !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Deino

And yet the no. 03 prototype ! ... and we can see, that strange EW-/ECM-pod is removeable.

Deino

-
W.H.Auden (1945

Sauragnmon

Which EW/ECM pod are you talking about? I can't find which you're pointing to as being removed in the new pic of the J-10B.

Deino

Quote from: Sauragnmon on January 06, 2010, 12:55:22 PM
Which EW/ECM pod are you talking about? I can't find which you're pointing to as being removed in the new pic of the J-10B.

Sorry ... the second picture was too large to be added !!

This one here shows it removed.

Deino

-
W.H.Auden (1945

Sauragnmon

Considering in other shots there was one on either wing, I am left to wonder if it is not an EW/ECM setup on those hardpoints, but instead a data collection pod - reinforced by the way the aircraft is clearly a prototype unit owing to its paint pattern.  Or else it might be a weighted unit, testing wing stresses with X weight during flight maneuvering, as an alternative possibility.