Sea Lightning

Started by gengriz, June 14, 2007, 02:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gengriz

Chaps,

I have posted piccies of this particular build before, but thought some of you might be interested in the full details; 

I wrote a build article at the time for "another modelling site", but I guess that 16 months later with no show he probably isn't going to run it.   

So its now on my own web site with additional piccies.  Enjoy.  Comments, discussion, feedback etc all welcome.

FredT

Sea Lightning Build Article

Archibald

Yes I'm interested, this model looks great! The side shot is awesome...  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

B777LR

:wub:  :wub:

The new landing gear is nice

McGreig

Not only is the model great, but so is the build article - concise, but tells you everything that you need to know about the background and building of the model. Excellent.  

Glenn Gilbertson

QuoteNot only is the model great, but so is the build article - concise, but tells you everything that you need to know about the background and building of the model. Excellent.
Can't put it any better!
:salute:  

ysi_maniac

Just PERFECT :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
and out of my reach  :( I am affraid, bttb :)  
Will die without understanding this world.

John Howling Mouse

Oh yes, like an itch that has finally been scratched----how satisfying your concept is and what outstanding execution of all your modifications.

Hat's off to you!    :bow:  :thumbsup:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

SimonR

Excellent work, I like it alot!  :cheers:  
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

cthulhu77

Neat stuff, really a fascinating modification, I had no clue they had even thought about it !  If you are talking about Scott, it must have been lost in the computer world, because he loves stuff like this...odd that it wasn't published.

Mossie

Great job Fred, good to see it again.  I'm (eventually) planning on doing the solid nose version with Airfix's 1/48 kit, it's good to have an appreciation of the work that was needed to pull it off in 1/72.

:cheers:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rafael

Gengriz, one word: Wonderful!!

The exquisite detail of research and your modifications makes one wish it were produced both in real form and model.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

NARSES2

Wonderful build  :wub:

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

I get a link to Tesco's when I click above ? Gathering info for a long forgotten VG Lightning build. I can't recall which one I was going to emulate tho.....

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Yes, me too. Very odd...............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Simply means his old Tesco ISP homepage is gone, go to his new page
and click on What-If in the menu.

http://www.gengriz.co.uk