Main Menu

Mako

Started by Archibald, June 19, 2007, 08:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

Still progressing...

Comparison with Italeri X-35 kit used as basis...

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

ysi_maniac

OK, go it is beautiful, indeed
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Archibald

More pics again! I've decided in favor of a desert camo, something similar to the Jaguar camo in GW1 (Vanille / Noisette, Nut / Vanilla if you prefer).

French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

gooberliberation

Camo looks awesome! Much better than gray B)  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Archibald

QuoteCamo looks awesome! Much better than gray B)
I just agree with you. This grey doesn't looked good... with the color paints, I would have made it as an Austrian machine
(to replace their F-5 after the Typhoon deal failed, Germany proposed Mako HEAT, France second-hand Mirage 2000, Swede proposed Gripens. Germany proposed both trainer and LWF variant of Mako powered by EJ-200, with trainining made in Germany if needed).

But now this thing will end as a desert machine...

Archibald

... for a next future conflict involving France in a way rather similar to Gulf War 1

Archibald

QuoteIn february 2002 I've bought a magazine (now gone) called Aviation Design.
The same magazine had both 3-view of the Sonic Cruiser and Mako. Since this moment I wanted 1/72 scale models of this two projects.

Five years later (and thanks to the input given by this forum) the sonic Cruiser came first, so now it's time to build the Mako  

Yeap, this is an autoquote. But here's a pic of what I meant...
The magazine, Sonic Cruiser and Mako models...
Some modelling dreams come true  :wub:  

I've strated decalling the Mako as a french aircraft GW3 aircraft (yes, Gulf War three, not counting Iran-Irak war ;) )

But I have to buy a Mirage 2000 kit (to change it into a VTOL Balzac NG, and also for its decals, particularly squadron markings)