"on The Go Rwy 4r"

Started by Shasper, June 19, 2007, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Here's what going on over at DRMP, after almost a month of sulking & finishing a couple of builds, I finally dug out a few projects that are simplistic enough to get my mind going again in order to move on to more complex operations (like my Phoenix builds & a nose job on a Mono F-20).

Up first is a resurrected SeaMaster. I added a pair of blisters to the nose (some sort of EVS gear) and a pair to aft fuselage (leftover from the type's navy days), also a pair of BAW (Big A** Winglets) will be installed on the wingtip floats ala Westwind 2 and a pair of finlets under the hor. stabilizer. I plan on finishing it as a USCG bird with underwing lifeboat pods.

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Shasper

Bird 2 is a ARII F-16XL thats getting a LERX mod to resemble it's F-16C cousin.
- Bud S.

dragon

I have an F-16XL in my stash.  A couple of things I was considering for mine:
1.  Cannards
2.  "Israeli"- type spine
3.  Conformal tanks.
I won't start until I can figure out the conformal tanks. B)  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Shasper

I have given thought to all of the above too, and I almost went for canards after I relised the fwd fuselage looked almost like Su-27 when I was attatching the new fillets.

Shas B)
- Bud S.

lenny100

QuoteI have an F-16XL in my stash.  A couple of things I was considering for mine:
1.  Cannards
2.  "Israeli"- type spine
3.  Conformal tanks.
I won't start until I can figure out the conformal tanks. B)
try this for the tanks and some other ideas
http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/air...-16i/F-16I.html
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

elmayerle

Conformal tanks for the F-16XL are really not necessary with the extra fuel volume in the extended fuselage and larger wing.  Designing conformal tanks for the F-16XL would be interesting if you're trying to maintain decent are ruling.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

dragon

Need to add to my list:
parabrake housing! B)

Now, would the addition of cannards, Israeli spine, conformal tanks, and parabrake housing make aerodynamic sense?  Probably not.  But I would bet it would look cool!  Especially if you add some heavy ordnance under the wings, such as anti-shipping missiles.   B)   :cheers:  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST