Hornet / Phantom II

Started by Eddie M., June 19, 2007, 08:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinUnNombre

For the love of all thigns holy, Eddie, thats amazing! Even my mom, who knows as much about airplanes as I know about the nuances of seasonal beaujolais, thinks it looks great. Not spectacular like the other Hornet/Phantom hybrid, but more subdued and believable. Thanks for sharing.

Jon

Eddie M.

Thank you Baz! It's good to see you out and about! B)

I appreciate it Jon and tell your Mom thanks also. This has turned at to be one that is really growing on me. :)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Here's a sneek peek before rollout tomorrow. It's a bit rough looking up close, but from a distance, it's not too bad. The old 2@10 and a 10@2 rule. :lol:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Ya big tease.  Okay, it's "tomorrow" already!   :salute:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteYa big tease.  Okay, it's "tomorrow" already!   :salute:
Let's see. To do list for Sun. Go to church, done. Have Big Mac artery clogger for lunch, done. Watch NFL football, done. Hang Christmas light on the house done. Okay, time to go shoot photos of the Super Phantom. Back in a flash. ;)
 Eddie  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Here it is. I don't have a name for it. It was fun because it was an exercise in simplicity, if that makes any sense. Thanks for all the kind words and support during the whole process. I do believe this is one of my shortest builds and I hope I can apply that spirit to the other 2 builds I've got going so I can finish before the new year. :)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

and the side by side with the "attack" version. ;)
Look behind you!

BlackOps

:wub:  :thumbsup:  :wub:  I really like this one a lot Eddie, just has a really nice feel to it.  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

gooberliberation

:jawdrop: I love watching Eddie's builds; they're always epic right up to the end!
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

HOG

Hey Eddie

Your getting pretty good at this bashing lark :D

What is it about old style camo`s on 21st century designs that look so good?

Gary :dalek:
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

Frickin' gorgeous Eddie! I kust love that scheme with the high-viz markings. Makes this one a real show-stopper!

How do you like the name "Stingray" for it? Seems fitting.

Outstanding!!!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

kitbasher

As the french would say - 'top banana'.  In the white scheme it reminds me of one of the Angel interceptors from the original Captain Scarlet series from Jerry Andersons (and - honest - I once knew the puppeteer who also played Capt S's 'live' hands in close up shots!!). :D  :D  
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

ysi_maniac

TOP QUALITY Modelling, indeed
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
:bow:  :jawdrop:  :bow:  :jawdrop:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Eddie M.

Gentlemen,
 You compliments are greatly appreciated! You guys are too cool! B)
     Eddie  
Look behind you!

mwf4nut

Geez Eddie, that is inspiring!!

Mark
Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies simply because they become fashion.  G.K. Chesterton