Hornet / Phantom II

Started by Eddie M., June 19, 2007, 08:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

That's some top-notch work on those burner cans, Eddie! I'm always looking for cool tips like that for when I tackle my next "blowtorch". Great stuff!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

QuoteThat's some top-notch work on those burner cans, Eddie! I'm always looking for cool tips like that for when I tackle my next "blowtorch". Great stuff!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher
Thank you BdaB!

Paging our Hot Shot Engineer, come to the white courtesy phone please!
Evan, would a plane like this need slats for low and slow?
 Eddie
Look behind you!

elmayerle

At a guess, I'd say either leading edge flaps or slats.  For this configuration, I'm tempted to say that leading edge flaps would likely be a better choice, but it's your call.  As a point of reference, the Su-27 family uses leading edge flaps.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Eddie M.

QuoteAt a guess, I'd say either leading edge flaps or slats.  For this configuration, I'm tempted to say that leading edge flaps would likely be a better choice, but it's your call.  As a point of reference, the Su-27 family uses leading edge flaps.
Thank you! I wanted to know before I forgot to "add" them. I'm just going to draw them on for appearance sake.
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

noxioux

Wow.  I'd wondered about canarded bugs a few times.  What a beauty.

elmayerle

QuoteAt a guess, I'd say either leading edge flaps or slats.  For this configuration, I'm tempted to say that leading edge flaps would likely be a better choice, but it's your call.  As a point of reference, the Su-27 family uses leading edge flaps.
Thank you! I wanted to know before I forgot to "add" them. I'm just going to draw them on for appearance sake.
   Eddie
Just the outlines of the leading edge flaps cut into the upper and lower surfaces of the wing would work nicely, IMHO.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Eddie M.

I've started experimenting with loadouts and have found that this one is tail heavy. Who knew? :rolleyes:
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Archibald

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

noxioux

It's coming along VERY nicely.  It seems to be looking even more distinctly Russian, for some reason.

BadersBusCompany

QuoteIt's coming along VERY nicely.  It seems to be looking even more distinctly Russian, for some reason.
I agree totally it looks very Soviet/Russian......................be nice to see it with red stars B)  

Eddie M.

QuoteIt's coming along VERY nicely.  It seems to be looking even more distinctly Russian, for some reason.
I agree totally it looks very Soviet/Russian......................be nice to see it with red stars B)
I don't have any Red Stars right now, but I just got an idea from all this talk about Soviet flying machines. This one has a lot of potential for such a project. Change the nose and a few other things and BAM! ;)  :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

SimonR

QuoteI don't have any Red Stars right now, but I just got an idea from all this talk about Soviet flying machines. This one has a lot of potential for such a project. Change the nose and a few other things and BAM! ;)  :)
  Eddie
Dude, you're a kit bashing machine!

I've got some Sov decals that I'll throw in the box with the Scrambled Fighter just in case you want to use them.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

SinUnNombre

QuoteI don't have any Red Stars right now, but I just got an idea from all this talk about Soviet flying machines. This one has a lot of potential for such a project. Change the nose and a few other things and BAM! ;)  :)
  Eddie
Wow! That looks sweet, Eddie. What all is in that? I see an F-5 forward fuse, and F-18 wings, but where are the tails and rear fuse from? You HAVE to work on that bash.

Jon

BadersBusCompany

I would'nt change the nose, unless you really have too..............its a peach!

Sisko

QuoteI've started experimenting with loadouts and have found that this one is tail heavy. Who knew? :rolleyes:
  Eddie

Angel one, Angel one the spectrum  is green!!!! :P

I love it!!!! those Mysterons will run in fear at the sign of this in the air :ar:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!