Hornet / Phantom II

Started by Eddie M., June 19, 2007, 08:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Wow! That looks sweet, Eddie. What all is in that? I see an F-5 forward fuse, and F-18 wings, but where are the tails and rear fuse from? You HAVE to work on that bash.

Jon
The empennage is the from an A-10 and the tail surfaces are from a F-22.  I still have to figure out how to add the engine to it. I'll try to refine it more later today.
  Eddie
Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

Wow! That looks sweet, Eddie. What all is in that? I see an F-5 forward fuse, and F-18 wings, but where are the tails and rear fuse from? You HAVE to work on that bash.

Jon
The empennage is the from an A-10 and the tail surfaces are from a F-22.  I still have to figure out how to add the engine to it. I'll try to refine it more later today.
  Eddie
Thanks for the insight, Eddie. I think I can kinda see a shape developing in the rear for a single engine. If you cut the A-10 fuse off even with the back edge of the engine....thingies, you could use some straight tubing about the same shape for the rearmost fuse section and a Hornet nozzle. Also, I think I see the beginings of an intake under the nose like on the Eurofighter. You could build a piece from flat styrene to extend the bottom out so far, then use acute angles along the sides from what you have now to waht you built. Add a sawtooth edge, and there ya go. Then just use some small tubing to extend the spine from the cockpit down, add some Hornet gear, and a ton of PSR. That will be a cool little fighter.

Jon

P.S. Sorry for going off on a tangent.....I'll just go over here now...

Edit: One other thought. I think if you flipped the vertical stabs side-to-side, it might make fitting them and subsequent PSR easier haveing that little flange thingie on the inside. But then again, it might not. Just an observation.

Eddie M.

Those are some good ideas and you're thinking along the same lines I am. Pretty good for someone who doesn't know how to display the Hook'em Horns properly. ;)  :lol:
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

While I do some of the more unsavory work on this one, I put a couple of pieces of plastic together for a possible future build. :)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

After watching A.D. produce his fine piece of work in such a short amount of time, it got me to thinking. Time to quit over thinking my work and get moving forward. Here's the direction of the decals so far. :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

BlackOps

WOW! and I mean WOW!  :wub:  The decals really make a nice build pop!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

elmayerle

QuoteAfter watching A.D. produce his fine piece of work in such a short amount of time, it got me to thinking. Time to quit over thinking my work and get moving forward. Here's the direction of the decals so far. :)
  Eddie
Crom!!  That's looking bloddy gourgeous!!!
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

noxioux

Beautiful.  That, seriously, is a real stunner. :wub:  

lancer

One of the most awsome looking builds you've done so far Eddie. It looks sopt on in those markings...Superb work  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Y'know so far this build hasn't done much for me......but those decals!!! They sure bring it to life  :wub:

Nice choice too btw, a little bit off the beaten path B)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

cthulhu77

Holy Smokes !  Talk about pulling it togther in notime flat !  Nice stuff.

proditor

Holy cow!!!  Eddie that looks amazing!

Brian da Basher

Those decals are the perfect compliment and make this one totally smokin' build!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Thank y'all very much. You are very kind.  B)

Thank Nev :)  To be honest, this was not doing too much for me as well, but the decals help me enjoy it a little more. :) Plus, to me, anything with the USS Coral Sea on it has got to help it's looks. ;)  :salute:
   Eddie    
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Okay, having been gone for awhile, I'm wondering: "How has Eddie gotten this much better?"

This is just too much!  Love the balanced, believable look of it all.  I still can't believe what you can put together with left-over parts!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.