DP-6A (formerly "Sea Master. . . Or is it?")

Started by Shasper, June 20, 2007, 07:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Here's the mock-up of the current configuration of my revell Sea Master kit. You'll note the BAWs and other lumps n bumps, but what you may not be able to see are the two droptank halves I put on aft of the weaps bay for the new main landing gear wells.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Dork the kit slayer

Anything involving a Martin Seamaster is OK by me......... :thumbsup:  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Maverick

Looks very snazzy Shas, quite modern in appearance.

Mav

Rafael

And the landing gear storage is a good idea, too.

Taking shape finely, Shas!
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

cthulhu77

This one should be great!  Love that plane!

The Rat

Those winglets are the cat's arse! Excellent!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Shasper

Yeah I took a hint from my aerodynamics class ;) Filling will commence sometime soon.

Shas B)
- Bud S.

Howard of Effingham

QuoteThose winglets are the cat's arse! Excellent!
and the dogs b*llocks too.  :D

well done shasper!  :thumbsup:  
Keeper of George the Cat.

Shasper

Almost finished with PSR on the wing, so before too long I'll be going for final assembly, final PSR and then paint.

Shas B)
- Bud S.

gooberliberation

B) Looks good, but you do know there is no such thing as *final* PSR :P  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Shasper

Word on that Goob.

I cut the mounting pins for the wing off & eyeballed it, managed to get the putty work cut down but now by much.

- Bud S.

Brian da Basher

Looks sharp as a tack, Shas! I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Brian da Basher

Shasper

*bump*

Has it really almost 3 years since this thing has seen daylight? Well there hasn't been much change with this one, except instead of being finished as a USCG rescue bird I'm thinking it'll get done as a 'Nam era USN anti-surface warfare bird of sorts.

A MAD boom got added to the top of the fin.

A pair of pods mounted under the inboard wings for weapons, life rafts or para-drop goods.

As I was messing with it this morning I hit on the idea to add a fairing for a retractable IFR probe, and now the crazy idea of mounting an air-launched drone between the engine pods on the back has floated into my head. The misshaped Hound Dog from the Minicraft 144th B-52 kit is what I'm leaning towards . . .  
- Bud S.

Shasper

At the closing bell this evening: Got the missile/drone/air-launched diddly-do together and mounted on the dorsal pylon . . . With any luck the last few bits will get put on & a primer coat tomorrow.

This model was recently sponsored by Dr. Pepper  :drink:

:cheers:
- Bud S.

Cobra

Looking Good :thumbsup: :thumbsup: why do i Almost feeling like saying,"Thunderbirds Are Go!"? Hope to see more of your great Work Soon :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:Dan