Thank you!

I'm actually trying to imagine this thing on An-2 floats...  :wub:  

Change to the basic Skyraider include
- T-56 engine mount.
- nosewheel
- wing moved about 2 cm to the rear
- wing-fold mecanism supressed
- hump located below the windshield removed
- slightly modifed canopy (because of the hump removal)
- supression of the airbrakes (because of the wing move)

That's it! I hope I'll manage a similar conversion for the float machine...

I still have two other T-56s!
Maybe I could make a third Skyraider II, this time a two-seat machine (AD-5 ?)
B)

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

B777LR

QuoteI'm actually trying to imagine this thing on An-2 floats...  :wub:
Ah, thats another idea! Convert the An-2 gunship (theres an italeri kit in 1/72) (its just a An-2 :wub:  with rocket pods and bombs) into a float plane! Or make the AC-47 into a float plane!

McGreig

This looks just right  :wub:  :wub:  I think that moving the wing back made all the difference - it looks much more effective than just a simple switch of engines. :thumbsup:  

kitnut617

Or make the AC-47 into a float plane!
You mean like this:

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Sisko

Love the spad Archie!!!!!! :wub:

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

cthulhu77

What a load out ! Yipes !  Neat one you built there !

Archibald

QuoteThis looks just right  :wub:  :wub:  I think that moving the wing back made all the difference - it looks much more effective than just a simple switch of engines. :thumbsup:
Thank you all for the cheers comments!
In fact I've moved the wing back because of the nosewheel.  ;)  Nosewheel also looks much modern  :rolleyes:  

I had fun loading this thing to the teeth and selecting correct weapons for its mission (some helicopters gave their weapons, the bombs came from a Jaguar).

I love this float AC-47. Is it yours kitnut ?

Don't know when I'll build the other Skyraider II (on floats) but it won't have the same load (you need more room for the floats, and its more a SAR machine) nor the same markings (maybe USN?)

French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

kitnut617

QuoteI love this float AC-47. Is it yours kitnut ?
Yes it is, I used the RVHP conversion and the 1/72 Airfix Dakota rebox:

There's actually one still flying today, well it was last photographed a couple of years ago at a fly-in down in the States.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0338...next_id=0193110

Rafael

Archi, that's a beast you made there!!!

Tha paint job gives it a savage look, and the new aerodynamics :lol: remind me of an A-10. The warload is impressive.

Rafa
Stunned.
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

I  l o v e "over-the-top" warloads like this.  Don't care if the "real" aircraft would've have gotten off the ground or not----this is way more fun to dream about.

Does she fly 'round the house nicely, too?

MiGs are cool but they don't stand a chance anymore against this big beastie!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Archibald

QuoteI  l o v e "over-the-top" warloads like this.  Don't care if the "real" aircraft would've have gotten off the ground or not----this is way more fun to dream about.

Does she fly 'round the house nicely, too?

MiGs are cool but they don't stand a chance anymore against this big beastie!
Yes it would have getting off the ground - 5000 hp sound enough, and if not, I'll try an A400M engine  :rolleyes:  
And she fly nicely over the workbench, diving like a Stuka! Ratatatatatatatatatatatata!!!!
Never heard of float Dakota before...  :blink:  

kitnut617

QuoteNever heard of float Dakota before...  :blink:
Archie, the float company Edo made 150 sets of these floats during WW.II for the C-47.  The conversion kit I got is for the prototype XC-47C which actually crashed during testing.  All the float sets were installed in the field apparently and as far as I know were all used in the Pacific arena.  The photo in the link is of the only flying example left.  What derelict or museum example there are, I don't know.

Archibald

I said it before and I say it agin, you learn something everyday here  :cheers:  
So thank you for these informations...  

kitnut617

I've found something for you Archie.  I just received some detail parts from Jerry Rutman for my 1/72 C-17, C-133 and C-141. Here is a pic of the engine nacelles for the C-133, studying them closely I thinke they would pop right onto a Spad no problem!

Robert

Archibald

So an obvious question come... what engine had the C-133 ? T-55 or T-56 turboprop? can't remember...

The fact is, if you want a VIABLE turboprop Skyraider (Ie no Skyshark) key date seems to be 1955... :cheers: