Elena's 2nd Model

Started by Eddie M., June 23, 2007, 07:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

This is my daughter's second model that we picked up at Hobby Lobby. All I did was use an xacto to fine trim the parts and make sure the parts were seated after she installed them. I think the next one will be a "real" Corsair where she can glue and paint. The last pic shows both models. Sorry no flash, since it went south.
  Eddie

Look behind you!

PanzerWulff

COOLNESS!!! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: Way to go Elena ;)
"Panzer"
PS Is that one of those Pre Painted Jobbies???
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Eddie M.

Yes it is. She did it in about 30 mins. B)  :thumbsup:
   Eddie & Elena
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Way to go Elena!  Now you have to run through the house with it and make jet noises! :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

Good job, Miss Miller! It's a treat to see the next generation of modelers' work. Thanks for sharing this with us, Mr Miller. You've got every right to be one proud Poppa!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

I'm going to show this thread to my own daughter (nearly 8 yrs old) and remind her that there IS indeed life outside of Nintendo!

Way to go, Elena.  Do you like cars, too?  Ships?  Dinosaurs?  Your Dad probably has all sorts of models you can choose from!!   ;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

The girl's got talent!

Keep an eye on your stash dad!  :P  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!![/color][/size]

Keep going Elena, there's more fun to be had!  :party:  :tornado:  :thumbsup:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rafael

Welcome Elena!! :thumbsup:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Next Generation is here....in force!!!

Saludos,
Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Eddie M.

QuoteI'm going to show this thread to my own daughter (nearly 8 yrs old) and remind her that there IS indeed life outside of Nintendo!

Way to go, Elena.  Do you like cars, too?  Ships?  Dinosaurs?  Your Dad probably has all sorts of models you can choose from!!   ;)
Elena wanted to know what a Nintendo was, because we do not have any videos games here. :)

She also gave a big semi toothless grin and says thank you for the kind remarks. Well, she didn't say it that way, she said, "That's cool!" B)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

retro_seventies

Fabulous Elena!  That's 2 more models than i've finished in trhe last couple of years - well done!  :wub:  :thumbsup:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

JC Carbonel

It is always nice to see there is a new generation of modellers coming up. Some times I feel like we are all (us the older modellers) in some kind of Jurassic Park...
well done Elena !

JCC

Mossie

Great models Elena!  Can't wait to see your Corsair! :thumbsup:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sisko

Nice to see Elena following in Dad's footsteps.

Well Done :party:

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Archibald

Well done, young padawan!!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.