Main Menu

J-10

Started by Sisko, June 30, 2007, 11:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Trumpeter's J-10.

Inspired by Gekko's Chinese invasion of Australia story, this J-10 operates out of Darwin against allied forces.

It is wearing an outback camo scheme which is better suited to the operational theatre.

The kit itself is OK. Some of the joins require a bit of work to make them look reasonable. This is actually one of the first trumpeter kits I have built.

Enjoy.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sisko

My shed was a little dark for photos so I tried some outdooor shots.

Came out Ok.

Sisko

This scheme required quite a lot of work to get right. Part of the drama was that I am learning the ropes on a new airbrush.

Still have some touch ups to do I noticed on the underside that I have had a bit of bleed. This should not require much effort to fix.

Not going to weather this bird up to much.

gooberliberation

That's one nutty camo scheme... i like! :wub: I've got one of those kits too, which seams gave you the most headaches?
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

rafi

What a nice tortoise camo scheme, I like it.  :wub:

Rafi

GTX

Damn that looks good so far - when you finisg it, you should really try to superimpose it over a photo of the top-end.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Rafael

The sky in the background looks alive with the addition of that aircraft to the scene. :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

MAD

QuoteInspired by Gekko's Chinese invasion of Australia story, this J-10 operates out of Darwin against allied forces

Sorry but where do I find Gekko's backstory??

M.A.D

Sisko

Quotewhich seams gave you the most headaches?

The fit of the main wing piece to the fuselage required quite a bit of test fitting, cutting and sanding to avoid a massive step. This pobably took the most time.

The rear piece on the bottom also required quite a bit of test fitting and cutting to get it to fit right.

The fit of the main nose is also a challange and for some reason mine did not want to sit right.

The breakdown of the aux tanks also defies logic. If I was tooling something like a drop tank I would do it in two halves. But Oh no Trumpeter made it three peices and thus a lot of filling and sanding is required.

Also watch the very small landing gear door actuators and thier attachment to the sprue gates. They are massive when compared to the size of the part. This is a challange when removing them.

However it is not all negatives. The fuselage and top to bottom wing fit is very nice, no filler required.

Gekko's rather fightening scenerio is here Invasion story

John Howling Mouse

Looks great already.  Man, I do admire folks who have that kind of freehand control with their airbrush!

:bow:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

That's one wicked looking camo scheme Sisko! I can't wait to see more of this one.

Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Sisko, it's already looking wicked, looking forward to seeing more :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ysi_maniac

Wonderful camo :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Eddie M.

I really enjoy the balance of colors. Looking great! :thumbsup:
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Sisko

Cheers lads

Little more work done last night.

Shall post some pics in a couple of days.