Piper Pa-48 Enforcer

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 02, 2007, 10:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

deciding to take a break from the P-26, the NH90,... i decided to start work ona quick build, startd yesterday, finished today.

Back History:

these articles were posted on the Alt. armed forces news topic  B)

QuoteLeutonia eyes Piper Enforcer

Kapalua 19.06.07: the summer is here, and as every year, the country is plagued by terrorists setting up camps by entering the country as tourists (in the crowded airports, they barely stick out), the ant and insect plagues and the massive hot sun that dry's out entire fields of crops. the air force has a requirement for a COIN aircraft, and announced that it is willing to concider adding a sollution to these problems in the requirment.

the new aircraft now needs to be low-cost, small, heavy armed, have long endurance, low fuel consumption and has to be used as a CAS/COIN platform and as a cropduster. in 2000 the LAF bought 6 PZL-130 Orliks from poland, but with moving the training abroad, they were put into storage in 2004. every year the LAF reoles them out as COIN aircraft during the summer months, and its verry expencive to fly these aircraft only 3 or 4 months a year. therefor the new aircraft will fly all year arround, without going in storage.

candidates for the requirement include the PC-9M, T-6B, S. Tucano but the favoured aircraft is the Piper Enforcer, that could also easely be transformed to criopduster by adding special spraytanks under the wings, a desision is expected to be made soon, with the first aircraft arriving straight from the production lines shortly afterwards.

and this one  B)

Quoteleutonia signs almost $2 billion in contracts

Koksijde 30.06.07: during the visit of the leutonian defence delegation to the international airshow of koksijde, belgium, the officials signed almost $2 billion worth of defence contracts, as part of the countries "defence renewal program".
those contract include the orders for 12 additional typhoons, 8 PA-48 enforcers, 8 SH-60 seahawks to replace the puma's and chinooks and 75 TPz1 Fuchs APC's from germany.

also signed was a contract with the UK for 10 secondhand sea harriers, the order was orriginaly for 16 but was reduced after the USMC donated 6 AV-8B+ aircraft to the navy, witch will be flying under the deignation Sea Harrier FA.3 (fitted with blue vixen radar). the SHar FA.3's are still in the evaluation phase, if the navy isnt satisfied, the aircraft could be returned to the US, and 6 additional FRS.1's could be ordered, but this now seems verry unlikely.

now today, the first of the 8 Enforcers have now been Delivered.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

The model:

the model is a Minicraft 1/144 P-51D, i removed the botom intake and closed the hole with a few plastic plates, the tiptanks are leftovers from a RoG F-14A tomcat. the spinner was scratchbuild.

the Armament:

2 x 20mm canons in pods (from 2 trumpetter F-20 kits)
4 x 4 7inch rocket pods (from trumpetter J-8II kit)
2 x Mk.82 bombs (from an F-20 kit)

and lets not forget the pics  B)

and here's a better pic of the weapos after i placed a white bottom to improve the view of the weapons

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Eddie M.

Great looking bird. Looks like it carries a big stick! B)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

ysi_maniac

Looks nice and difficult in this tiny scale :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Rafael

OK, Nils.

I will say a few things about this:

1.- I LOVE IT :wub:  
2.- It's a marvelous little gem.
3.- I LOVE IT :wub:
4.- I am still squinting at the screen to admire the beauty and impressive load
5.- I LOVE IT :wub:  
6.- The job on the propeller is awesome
7.- I LOVE IT :wub:  
8.- The job on the underside is excellent
9.- I LOVE IT :wub:  
0.- For doing such a marvelous job, and having done it in 1/144, and for causing some of us, old f*rts to squint and lose some retinal cells, you are hereby condemned to repeat this incredible feat in 1/72 or bigger.

Judge Rafa
Did I say I LOVE IT? :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Brian da Basher

Excellent work, Nils! It takes real skill to build in such a small scale. Very impressive!

Brian da Basher

Chap

Great work Nils! Hard to believe it's 1/144th scale.

~Steve

Captain Canada

Wow...what a wicked looking little plane ! Great job, Nils ! Love the big tip-tanks and the kick-arse cannon pods. Also digging the nice news 'articles' explaing the situation !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!