Fennoscandia/nordic Group Build ...

Started by TsrJoe, July 04, 2007, 02:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

QuoteGood idea - I have a few half finished Russian kits which might look better in Finnish markings.
MiG29's look good in Finnish markings...Got the model to prove it...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Swedish Mick

Quote... how many do we need for an 'official' group build ???

cheers, Joe  :ph34r:
I'm trying to get some more interested for this GB, so I made a post in a Swedish forum, and maybe we can get som new members.  :)

Modellbygge iFokus

Modellbygge iFokus
http://modellbygge.ifokus.se

Swedish Mick

As inspiration, I'll post a nice aircraft from last years IPMS Open in Stockholm. It's a modified version of SK 37E Viggen, the SK 37IPMS (Intelligence, Photo & Maritime Surveillance) of the Icelandic Air Force. The Fishing Surveillance team has a couple of fishes on their tail and are of course nicknamed "The Flying Cods".

:D  
Modellbygge iFokus
http://modellbygge.ifokus.se

Mossie

A website I found a while ago then lost, now I've found it again!  This page details several Saab projects that were never built.  Some really interesting ones that could be built with a bit of kitbashing.  If you click on the illustrations you get a better version.

http://www.canit.se/~griffon/aviation/text/saabcanc/

The licence built Zero with a Taurus engine would be a relatively simple build, imagine that, a Zero with three Crowns! B)  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

Quoteimagine that, a Zero with three Crowns!

Like this:

One John did for me a little while ago.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

Ah yes, that's the ticket!  Mav's so prolific I tend miss several of his profiles!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

B777LR

Ill be joining in with a Mig-29. Finnish of course ;)  

lancer

I feel at least one Finnish Harrier coming on. I'll also ost pictures of my Finnish MiG29 as well.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

elmayerle

QuoteI feel at least one Finnish Harrier coming on.
I'll admit to a temptation that way, too.  Figure a "HR" code for the serial?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

lancer

QuoteI feel at least one Finnish Harrier coming on.
I'll admit to a temptation that way, too.  Figure a "HR" code for the serial?
Based on the way the Finns do actually do use the aircraft's name or manufacturer, I would think that 'HR' would be a good code for the Harrier.  

Jetfixer

Got to admit i'm more than tempted. i'll see whats begging to be whiffed and get back to you.

Greg

(stash searched, Swedish Curtiss SBC-4 Helldiver anyone?. )
i'm not here, i'm a figment of someones imagination

Supertom

This I'm interested in.  It'll give me the motivation to finish that Super Strike Gripen I've been teasing Carlos with.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

B777LR

QuoteThis I'm interested in.  It'll give me the motivation to finish that Super Strike Gripen I've been teasing Carlos with.
And a finnish fulcrum?

Supertom

QuoteAnd a finnish fulcrum?

Nah, I won't be doing mine now that you've beat me to it.  
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

B777LR

QuoteAnd a finnish fulcrum?

Nah, I won't be doing mine now that you've beat me to it.
How about a finnish:

F-16 (would look cool in black-green)
F-14
F-18E
Gripen
Viggen
Su-27
Rafale
EF-2000

:cheers:  :tornado: