Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 17, 2020, 05:09:46 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 16, 2020, 07:58:41 PM

Probably boring to most because of commonality but I STILL get a thrill out of T-38s. Couple days ago one flew directly overhead on the way around our airport and back to Texas and they were booking!!!  High subsonic speed and it was LOUD!  :wub: :wub:

Anything BUT boring, I've never seen a T-38 ever, anywhere.  :banghead:

I really like how  USAF has utilised them so long. I was sad to see the Tweet go but it's so nice to see these from time to time.
-Sprues McDuck-

perttime

Rafale, setting up for long finals. Saw it just before arriving at home from work. Finnish AF trials continue.

Captain Canada

Sweet. Does it have any kind of special markings ? Guess I can go google it.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

perttime

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 23, 2020, 10:42:19 AM
Sweet. Does it have any kind of special markings ? Guess I can go google it.
The Rafale?
They are just visiting for trials. It wasn't quite low enough to see much detail - but I don't think they have anything special.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

Three Yak-52s, about two hours ago, on takeoff from our local field. I'm guessing they'd stopped in for fuel on their way north.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

TheChronicOne

That's cool!  As luck would have it just about an hour ago I dusted off my single seat variant  (Yak-53) and put her on display. Coincidences like this keep popping up.  ;D  FWIW I guess..
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Brad C, there are no coincidences...

:o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

I think it's mainly confirmation bias but it's weird when it happens.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

No mate, it's conspiracy...
;)

Something sounding very warbird went over low this morning but I was frying breakfast and couldn't get outside in time.  I suspect it came from Tyabb and was going to do an Australia Day flypast somewhere.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

A coincident is where you are ripping drywall off a wall, find sheets of newspapers stapled to the inside of the outside wall dated Thursday 30th August 1956, and you realize it's Thursday 30th August when you find them, although it 2012 ----  :o :o :o
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TheChronicOne

1/365 -- pretty tall odds!! Yup, pretty neat. I'd be like, "Whoa! How cool is that?!" 
-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

It was the weirdest feeling I've ever had ---

TheChronicOne

Find anything interesting in the reading?  Where this a movie, you'd find a story in it that mirrors a recent murder with a picture that looks JUST LIKE "significant person in your life"    etc.     ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

The headlines were about the Suez Crisis, there's a photo of an Egyptian girl holding a machinegun. Another story was about passengers that had been found after a Trans Canada Air Lines DC-4 (maybe a 6) had crashed and gone missing. I kept one of the papers, there was enough sheets pinned up that I could put the whole issue together. It had a big section of coloured comic strips too.