Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Coming back into Edmonton today I was lucky enough to see somebody's Lockheed Electra doing bolters. Never got a good pic, but it looked like it had an air tanker belly. Wish I had been closer to the threshold.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rheged

Well, seen on my way to Southampton to visit my older son and his family........a pair of Chinooks over Andover, flying in very close formation. As this is Springtime, were they possibly a breeding pair, and if so; what does a Chinook's nest look like?

On a more serious note, No.1 son and family live  almost underneath the glide-path for Southampton Airport; they tell me that since Flybe have gone into administration  there's a lot less activity seen over their house   
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on March 07, 2020, 01:36:44 AM

and if so; what does a Chinook's nest look like?

Like this.  ;D

RAF Odiham, the Chinook's base.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

On a more serious note, No.1 son and family live  almost underneath the glide-path for Southampton Airport; they tell me that since Flybe have gone into administration  there's a lot less activity seen over their house

I think they were responsible for 80% or so of flights in and out. Some regional airports it was nearer, perhaps even, 100%.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 07, 2020, 02:05:06 AM

I think they were responsible for 80% or so of flights in and out. Some regional airports it was nearer, perhaps even, 100%.

Exeter for a start.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 07, 2020, 01:53:13 AM

and if so; what does a Chinook's nest look like?

Like this.  ;D

RAF Odiham, the Chinook's base.

My sister's hubby was stationed there during the 70's, I used to visit them quite often.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Rheged

4 pm today, flying west towards the SAS lines, and very low and fast.......an Osprey.   Probably been out playing games with the "Hereford Cowboys"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

A Pied Butcher Bird paid us a visit today while Mrs z was gardening.  While I watched it it caught a small lizard.
Butcher Bird 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Saw a whole air force fly over yesterday. We had a series of fly overs in the morning around 10. From my house, they were about 3 blocks South flying along with a main road in the city. At first I sat right under the flight path to see a 4 ship of T-38's fly over then after that went home to eat lunch. I was working... but even at home I could them quite nicely!! After the T-38's flew over there were C-17s.... 5 or more in formation and a couple "loose" ones.  Then they did similar with 4-5 KC-135's.  A couple loose ones and then three of them flew in formation. Saw all these out my window but when I was sitting in my truck watching the T-38's the lead ship was THIS one:

Well...  you know....  my favorite T-38 ever. Far out, man!!

Later on around 4 PM a different set of stuff flew over from a different air base. The ones in the morning were a joint effort between Altus and Vance AB's and the one in the afternoon was from Sheppard (sp? I've seen it spelled 2-3 different ways....)  and these guys... well... they DID fly right over the yard!!  Well, not directly... maybe one block North but MUCH MUCH closer than the ones from the morning. I could see the pilots inside and there were all close enough that I could tell they were all painted up fancy and sure enough, they grouped together a bunch of the painted up ones for this.

A pretty decent day of plane spotting. All these folks are out doing stuff like this to keep from losing flight status and maintain proficiency. It's actually federal law that they do this.......  that didn't stop people from whining and complaining, though.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

What counts as 'social distancing' for aircraft?

Those guys are pretty darn close to each other!  :o

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

It was downright impressive! They kept it tight, too.... no "wavering" or anything and it was DAMNED windy that day especially as low as they were, and a crosswind at that.... Add to that, when they were passing my house they were banked and turning. It was so fun to watch!   Both of the  two groups also had a lone plane following behind them doing serpantine movements.... going left to right and rolling and banking. It was so cool.

Pretty good video of this stuff here:

https://www.kswo.com/2020/05/02/air-force-celebrates-healthcare-workers-with-friday-flyovers/
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Those last four.  PC9s are they?  I love the invasion striped 'stang tribute paint job.

:thumbsup:

It's very quiet here.  Just the occasional police or ambo chopper and last week one single-engined light aircraft with a very noisy engine.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

rickshaw

Quote from: zenrat on May 02, 2020, 07:00:27 PM
Those last four.  PC9s are they?  I love the invasion striped 'stang tribute paint job.

Beechcraft versions of the PC9, mate.  Americans only buy homebuilt stuff...   :banghead:

It's very quiet here.  Just the occasional police or ambo chopper and last week one single-engined light aircraft with a very noisy engine.

Same over here. 
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Quote from: rickshaw on May 02, 2020, 07:28:36 PM
Quote from: zenrat on May 02, 2020, 07:00:27 PM

Beechcraft versions of the PC9, mate.  Americans only buy homebuilt stuff...   :banghead:

It's got me thinking about an Oz Mods PC-9 kit in a WW2 RAAF whitetail scheme.
Fred