Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 11, 2020, 08:39:59 AM
Quote from: scooter on May 11, 2020, 07:59:13 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 11, 2020, 06:19:22 AM
Quote from: scooter on May 11, 2020, 04:50:02 AM

As for the (all day) vet visit, 800 dollars later, Beamer (one of our year old kittens) was constipated.

I'm sorry Scoot, but that's put a smile on my face  :angel: ;D

S'ok.  He's back to his normal perky self.

My wife who works at a vet clinic, says the charge is normally $100 Canadian for a cat with constipation. Did they suspect something more serious Scoot' ?
Quote from: perttime on May 11, 2020, 11:05:30 AM
What you'd pay for fixing a cat's constipation would depend on what it took to fix it. My daughter's cat almost died of it as a hand sized kitten. An overnighter at an animal hospital was one major part of it. I recall it was near €1,000. Now he's a big and feisty fellow.

They assumed some sort of blockage, but after an enema and fluids and x-rays (and 10 hours in the vet's office), they released him without cutting into him.  He cleared himself out overnight.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

I've just seen an airliner! Tracking north west at around 30000 ft. First one for ages.  :o

Now that most of them are only two engines it's getting very difficult to recognise them from their contrails any more.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Kit, try

www. flightradar24.com

You will get most commercial traffic on that.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: scooter on May 11, 2020, 12:22:09 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on May 11, 2020, 08:39:59 AM
Quote from: scooter on May 11, 2020, 07:59:13 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 11, 2020, 06:19:22 AM
Quote from: scooter on May 11, 2020, 04:50:02 AM

As for the (all day) vet visit, 800 dollars later, Beamer (one of our year old kittens) was constipated.

I'm sorry Scoot, but that's put a smile on my face  :angel: ;D

S'ok.  He's back to his normal perky self.

My wife who works at a vet clinic, says the charge is normally $100 Canadian for a cat with constipation. Did they suspect something more serious Scoot' ?
Quote from: perttime on May 11, 2020, 11:05:30 AM
What you'd pay for fixing a cat's constipation would depend on what it took to fix it. My daughter's cat almost died of it as a hand sized kitten. An overnighter at an animal hospital was one major part of it. I recall it was near €1,000. Now he's a big and feisty fellow.

They assumed some sort of blockage, but after an enema and fluids and x-rays (and 10 hours in the vet's office), they released him without cutting into him.  He cleared himself out overnight.

My wife says, if you feed the cat just kibbles or dry food, you need to give it good quality wet food (canned meat etc) at least once a day. But she is just outstanded by the cost you guys are paying -----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 11, 2020, 01:20:48 PM
I've just seen an airliner! Tracking north west at around 30000 ft. First one for ages.  :o

Now that most of them are only two engines it's getting very difficult to recognise them from their contrails any more.  :banghead:

I saw one myself about a week ago that would never normally be here.... it was a Southwestern 737-800. Seems like now it's once or twice a week with one of these instead of the 4-5 flights every day of the commuter liners.  They've taken to an old practice of using less planes with more stops. Southwestern doesn't even have facilities here, either, that I know of... we only "do" American Eagle (AA) CRJ 170s and ER 190s with the occasional oddball 767 ferrying troops.

Saw one up high today like you did about 36,000 feet heading N/NW.  It didn't occur to me at the time but... yeah, it was something I haven't seen a lot of lately.
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on May 11, 2020, 12:22:09 PM

Yup, he'd heard them chatting about what they were going to do to him if he didn't clear himself  ;) ;D Glad he's o.k.  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Apparently, in a "salute" to front line workers, the 119th FS will be bouncing around the skies over NJ today.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Wed, Thurs, Fri and today (Sat)  an Osprey.  Shuttling between the SAS place near Hereford and Shobdon airfield.   At Shobdon, they are  parachuting out. Rheged minor  reports that on his way back from work yesterday he was passed by four Land Rovers in convoy, each one full of young men with shortish hair and determined expressions.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/

Hit the little U at the top right and it switches to Military only.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Nick

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 16, 2020, 06:57:55 AM
https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/

Hit the little U at the top right and it switches to Military only.

Now that is fun!  :thumbsup:

I just clicked on a helicopter over London and it turned out to be the Met Police EC45. It took off from the base near me, flew straight to Hyde Park and has been doing tight circles ever since. Must be watching the idiots gathering in the park.

Captain Canada

Cool ! For sure it's a neat tool to have. That's how I spotted the pair of USAF Arctic hercs heading south. Always see the MI ANG KC-135s but they usually just a bit too far to spot with the naked eye.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Works like a charm!  :thumbsup:

I dialled up the area around me and it showed an RAF Voyager almost above me at 12000 ft. So I walked out the front door, looked up and there it was, right o'head! RESULT!  ;D

It didn't pick up the northbound Jodel that was a lot lower though, perhaps he wasn't squawking. :(

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

I think I will have to bite the bullet and upgrade the browser I use, that link doesn't do anything for me, just a bunch of jumbled up code ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

That is fascinating.
VicPol helicopter is doing laps around the Deer Park area West of Melbourne.  Obviously an operation going on out there.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..