Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I heard an over-revving Lycoming overhead so loaded up my 350 mm lens and hurled myself outside.

Sure enough, over came an Extra 300L, reggie G-OFFO, doing all sorts of extreme manoeuvres. As it's owned by 2 Excel who operate The Blades aerobatic team, I think it was one of their training aircraft as it wasn't in the full Blades scheme.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

It being a warm, sunny day, I was picking brambles (blackberries) in the hedge of a farm track behind the village church, when there was the sound of helicopters.   I only got a glance so I can't give a precise ID, but they were yellow and black so they must have been trainers on a cross country from RAF Shawbury; they use the very prominent church spire as a waymarker.

Later, as I proceeded into the village centre to meet Madame R and have a coffee (she'd been having her hair done) ; a Hercules came over at a ridiculously low altitude.  All I can say is that the back door was wide open, and the loadmaster and his mate both waved cheerfully as they went on their way.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

rickshaw

It is good to have contact with the Defence Forces, isn't it?   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

A Tiger Moth, flying at a LUDICROUSLY slow speed, was stooging about all y'day afternoon. It was trying to be a Stealth Tiger I reckon.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 02, 2020, 04:04:08 AM
A Tiger Moth, flying at a LUDICROUSLY slow speed, was stooging about all y'day afternoon. It was trying to be a Stealth Tiger I reckon.  ;D

So can we expect to see you in this week's Sunday's Kit ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Unusually seen, two crop-dusters working the same field at the same time. Lovely radial sound to them too ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Rather unusually a tug and glider flew o'head here this afternoon, and they weren't circling for a thermal.

They just flew from horizon to horizon in the direction of the Husband's Bosworth Club, so I suspect it was just a transfer flight. The tug was a Jodel of some sort and the sailplane was a Discus.

Regards
Kit

zenrat

My luncheon was disturbed today by a low flying AW139.
VicPol chasing wrongun's again.
One of these (not my pic).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Flying extremely low near Shobdon airfield (Herefordshire) an A400 Atlas. He was wobbling around somewhat , as if in an unexpected turbulent patch.

zenrat

A helicopter flying low over the house woke me at some point during the night (we always sleep with the windows ajar).
Possibly navigating by following the Nepean Highway which runs along the bottom of our back yard or the coastline which is approx 900m in the other direction.
I got up for a pee but didn't bother firing up the laptop to see what it was.  I didn't even check the time.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rheged

I heard a mewing cry above me as I did some gentle gardening.  Circling above was what I assume to be a family of buzzards, four in total.  Photos have been taken, but I STILL can't get my camera to talk to the computer as  you'll have to use your imagination.  Watched them for nearly 10 minutes before they moved off.

kitnut617

The crop sprayers have been working overtime around here, everyday I hear them buzzing around.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mossie

Shorts Skyvan.  Never seen before and wouldn't have done as it was distant, I was looking up something else on Flightradar24.  I could only tell what it was through binnoculars, took a pic but it's just a white blob.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Y'day afternoon I heard the unmistakeable sound of a Merlin at medium throttle, and after a bit of searching I saw a low-back Spitfire trundling its way across the sky in the vague direction of Lincolnshire.

I guess it was TE311, the only low-back Spitfire on the BoB Flight, but it didn't show up on Flightradar24 under any designation. :(

Regards
Kit

zenrat

A flight (four) of Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoos paused briefly in our yard thisarvo but fled when I went to photograph them.
We don't often see these (Sulpher Crested White ones are much more common) but here's someone else's photo.
Fred