Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

And now a THIRD BUFF heading west.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Maybe someone needed a few more flight hours.   ;D  :o
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

JayBee

Or lost (Sorry, temporarily unsure of their position!)         :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Maybe connected, maybe not.

The Daily Snail posted a story about a couple of B-52s circling over Gloucestershire today, one sqawking 7700 (the paper, naturally, quotes 770....) which then returned to Fairford, where six more are based apparently.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/us-air-force-b-52-bomber-sends-distress-signal-over-gloucestershire/ar-BB19qvou?ocid=msedgdhp
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 25, 2020, 08:08:19 AM
Either the same B-52 or another one, just passed overhead going in the OPPOSITE direction!  :o

Perhaps they'd flown over from Barksdale to Lakenheath for lunch?  ;D

Could be in a hold, maybe a formation split or join.

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Something's going on................  :unsure:

Yet ANOTHER BUFF overhead today, this time coming from the west, and doing a long slow 90 deg turn northwards right overhead the house.

I've never seen this many B-52s in a week, not since I lived in Oxford and I saw them on approach to Brize. Even the Gulf War didn't produce this many so frequently.

Regards
Kit

Pellson

The USAF is currently performing a serious show-of-flag-exercise throughout Europe, flying B-52 formations along the borders of NATO, in particular around the Baltic countries and over the White and Black Seas. This has been ongoing for about two weeks now and they're also flying very long distance missions from bases in the CONUS and Alaska. Yesterday, a two-ship BUFF formation flew from Eielson AFB across the arctic ice-cap, making a mock attack on a target in the Norwegian Sea, then returning to Alaska.
Another component of this is intensified ELINT and SIGINT flights along enemy borders, in particular in the Baltic and off Crimea.

Intelligence commentary interpretation is that this is a way of telling the enemy that the west still is prepared not only to fight, but to bring the fight to his home.

And for the rest of us - it's certainly a nice, if ominous - show..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

I have a couple of theories.  This is not the place to voice them though.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Near Cirencester, a B52 seen circling in a rather ponderous fashion.  I assume using the long runway at Brize Norton or somewhere similar.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

JayBee

Nah, he was just lost/tempoarily unsure of his position.  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on September 27, 2020, 11:46:27 AM

Near Cirencester, a B52 seen circling in a rather ponderous fashion.  I assume using the long runway at Brize Norton or somewhere similar.

Sounds like a repeat of that one sqawking 7700 the other day.

He'd have come from Fairford anyway, there's a whole unit on TDY there. Brize is an RAF base these days.

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Madame R and I to Eastleigh to visit No 1 son, wife and daughter.   Our rented cottage is more or less under the flightpath of Southampton airport.  ATR, SAAB and similar  regional airliners regularly overhead, and a single BAe146 too.  Then, a few minutes ago, something noisy, low and made the television picture flicker as it went over.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Something like this, perhaps?  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

Always nice to see the B-52. At London ON on Sept. 12

5 by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr

And over my place recently these guys.

DSC_0064 by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr

DSC_0818 by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?