Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on April 29, 2021, 10:34:57 AM
QuoteYesterday saw three radial engined biplanes flying over the house.  Painted in various schemes in yellow and blue.  Don't know what they were and preferred to look at them through binoculars rather than try and take a photo

Most likely Boeing-Stearman Model 75(PT-13/17/N2S).

Agreed.  At least one had spatted undercarriage.

A couple of nights ago, while returning from a dog walk just after sunset there was a white light hovering high above the house.  It kept getting brighter and dimmer as though it was being pointed in various directions searching for something.  I suppose it could have been a chopper but it was moving about more like a drone and I could hear no engine or rotor noise.  The dog was watching it too.
I had an LED torch with me which has a strobe setting so I put it on that and aimed it at the light.  The white light then went out and I could instead see a red light and possibly a green one.  It then vanished.
I couldn't gauge how high it was but it looked to be over the the traffic light controlled cross roads (4 lane highway crossed by 2 lane local road) north of stately zen manor.
Police Drone?

Or one of Chris's?
:wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on April 30, 2021, 05:19:00 AM

A couple of nights ago, while returning from a dog walk just after sunset there was a white light hovering high above the house.  It kept getting brighter and dimmer as though it was being pointed in various directions searching for something.  I suppose it could have been a chopper but it was moving about more like a drone and I could hear no engine or rotor noise.  The dog was watching it too.
I had an LED torch with me which has a strobe setting so I put it on that and aimed it at the light.  The white light then went out and I could instead see a red light and possibly a green one.  It then vanished.
I couldn't gauge how high it was but it looked to be over the the traffic light controlled cross roads (4 lane highway crossed by 2 lane local road) north of stately zen manor.
Police Drone?

Or one of Chris's?

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Police Drone?

Or one of Chris's?

Mine wouldn't be spotted  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 30, 2021, 07:04:42 AM

Police Drone?

Or one of Chris's?

I knew you were going to say that.    :mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

JayBee

Police Drone?

Or one of Chris's?

So what colour scheme would it be in ?  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on May 01, 2021, 05:32:25 AM

Police Drone?

Or one of Chris's?

Depends where they are operating
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on May 01, 2021, 05:32:25 AM

Police Drone?

Or one of Chris's?

Humbrol 999, 'Invisible Paint'......................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Visit to Meg's Cafe at Shobdon airfield for coffee and a very good bacon roll.  Half a dozen different gliders preparing for launching, plus a couple of Robinson helicopters and an elderly Cessna doing circuits.   
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on May 01, 2021, 07:24:44 AM

Visit to Meg's Cafe at Shobdon airfield for coffee and a very good bacon roll.  Half a dozen different gliders preparing for launching, plus a couple of Robinson helicopters and an elderly Cessna doing circuits.

Been there, done that too.  :thumbsup:

Those bacon rolls are well worth trip on their own, never mind the aircraft.  ;D

Good to know they're open again, I may take a drive up there soon.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

reddfoxx

And now I want to go to Shobdon (frantically Googles it.)

Pellson

I used to do gliding myself until I realised I spent on average 40 hrs mucking about on ground for each hour actually flying. That hour was good fun, though.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: reddfoxx on May 02, 2021, 07:47:33 PM

And now I want to go to Shobdon (frantically Googles it.)

Almost on the border between Wales and England, about half way up.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Shobdon is only a few miles from Chateau Rheged.  If anyone really does plan to go there, let me know and I'll get in the coffees at Meg's cafe.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

SouthSTAR - The New Jersey State Police AW-139 medevac - for a trauma on the Garden State Parkway (overturned truck, according to the NJ travel & transit incident hotline) touching down whilst coming back from a very early morning grocery store run for SWMBO
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on May 02, 2021, 10:51:07 PM

I used to do gliding myself until I realised I spent on average 40 hrs mucking about on ground for each hour actually flying. That hour was good fun, though.

Appears to be a similar ratio to that which is achieved by horse riders. 1 hour in the saddle ; 40 mucking out  ;D and I'm only mildly exaggerating.