Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

A RFDS Pc-24 on approach just now with wheels down but no flaps that I could see, and those are usually very visible, it was rather slow, high power, nose high and wallowing side to side, it looked like I was about to witness it stall any moment but it didn't, it continued past and landed safely according to the flight tracker.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

PR19_Kit

We saw a few aircraft during the week on the Broads, mostly helicopters at some altitude, but a few came low enough to take pics of.

A yellow one, no idea what type, but probably an Airbus Somethingorother.

A tailwheel Cessna that trundled over a couple of times.

An Embraer turning base for Norwich Airport, which was few miles to the south west.

And finally a rainbow over Potter Heigham.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 03, 2021, 08:54:55 AM
We saw a few aircraft during the week on the Broads, mostly helicopters at some altitude, but a few came low enough to take pics of.

A yellow one, no idea what type, but probably an Airbus Somethingorother.

As you were in the Broads I would take a guess at the yellow helicopter being one of the East Anglian Air Ambulance operated H145 helicopters (G-RESU) flying out of Norwich Airport, the other one flies from Cambridge so it's a bit out of the area you were in. The bits hanging off the landing skids in your photo seem to match up with the photos on their website
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Mossie

As the nights are drawing in, heard rather than seen. I recognise the sound of the Coastguard S-92 but it was mixed with something else. A quick look at Flightradar showed me it was a pair of MC-130J Combat Talon Ii's.  One of them came back again a bit later.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

perttime

Seen? Not much, for the clouds.
Heard? More air force traffic than usual. Fast jets and other. There's a "major" excersice going on. SWMBO says that there's also uniformed people from the Swedish Air Force in town.

Rheged

Monday, yesterday and today; a fair amount of fast jet traffic.   It's cloudy, so impossible to identify who or what it is but Rheged minor says the glimpse of aircraft he managed to see had no canards, so not Typhoons.   Suspect it's either USAF (most likely)  or possibly other allied air forces on some sort of exercise.

Checked on airadar24, and found to be USAF F15 doing racetrack  circuits around a point north and east of Hereford,  before joining an unidentified "heavy" out of Mildenhall.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kitnut617

I read on SPF that the HMSPoW's is now officially operational and two squadrons's of F-35B pilots are cleared for operations aboard it. This was completed during the multi-national exercise that is (or has been) taking place in the North Sea.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

perttime

Four Gripens, followed by four Hornets.
One by one, setting up for long finals, they were pretty loud. As usual, the first ones were less loud but the followers were slowing down and roaring.

Rheged

Moments ago, and very low indeed, a Hercules with minimal lights displayed.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

It'll be over here any minute if it was homeward bound.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

not something you see everyday  :-\
ive seen emergency services race by my house today, as a Diamond DA40D apparently made an emergencylanding in a cornfield not far from my location.
from what i heared on the news, pilot and instructor both escaped unharmed.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

perttime

Quote from: Nils on October 09, 2021, 10:46:28 AM
not something you see everyday  :-\
ive seen emergency services race by my house today, as a Diamond DA40D apparently made an emergencylanding in a cornfield not far from my location.
from what i heared on the news, pilot and instructor both escaped unharmed.
Every time an aircraft lands outside an airfield seems to be a major emergency now.

This summer, there was a rush of emergency vehicles when a glider landed in a field: business as usual when you run out of altitude before reaching where you really want to go. And then there was the time last year when somebody's large radio control model went into the trees.

NARSES2

Clear, crisp morning and as a consequence the sky was full of contrails for the first time in ages. No idea what they all were but it was nice to see them again.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Whilst outside running one of the litter boxes under the hose, I heard what sounded like a large four engine jet.  Looking up, thinking I'd be seeing a VC-25A heading back to Andrews after touch and goes at ACY, I was mistaken and spotted a pair of A-10s cruising VFR and heading home after playing with JTACs in my old squadron at Warren Grove Range.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

Not exactly Over My House but I did see this on my way home today

Just South of Winchburgh

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....