Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Good pic Dizz.

i'd like to see you use that as a backdrop.
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Flyer

Wasn't today but last week there was a lot of airborne noise heading towards my house so I went outside to investigate. Directly overhead two formations of civil helicopters flew, first 5 R-44's all in a line followed by a diamond consisting of a EC130 out front, Jetranger at the rear and a R-44 on each side. Looked and sounded very impressive. I still have no idea what it was about though...
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Pellson

Quote from: perttime on April 07, 2022, 03:10:01 AM
A C-130 just flew over me. They aren't exactly common visitors here.
Flightradar says it was Canadian and coming from Prestwick.

Edit:
I heard that it later went to Rzeszów-Jasionka in Poland, which is a center for sending military aid to Ukraine.
It seems as if the NATO air forces are taking turns in shipping stuff to Ukraine. I also saw some RCAF assets moving about on Fightradar24, and a few days earlier, it was Italian counterparts.

In general, there's a lot of military flights visible on the apps these days. USAF tankers out of Ramstein, Mildenhall and Incirlik, British Voyagers from Brize Norton and Akrotiri, NATO Airbuses from Geilemkirchen and Italians from somewhere south. Added to that, there's US and NATO E-3's and E-8's, RAF and US RC-135's, not to mention Global Hawks and the US Army Guardrails. And the RSwAF Korpen ELINT Gulfstreams from my backyard, obviously.

And added to all this, I would guess there's loads of fighter sorties not showing up.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Nick

I've been watching the flight radar websites a bit and there are some unusual machines flying. These are the ones we have been allowed to see...

RC-12 Guardrail - intel gathering over Lithuania.
E-8 over Estonia.
NATO E-3s in very tight figure 8 circuits over Poland.
KC-135s flying out of the UK, flying a tight circuit over Poland or Romania for an hour and then flying home again. I wonder if they were refuelling unseen RC-135s?
A400s from all over Europe going into Hungarian or Romanian airbases very close to Ukraine. C-17s doing the same, one came in from Australia last week.

There's a lot of intel that NATO is gathering from the mess in Ukraine. A lot of that is clearly being fed back to Kyiv  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Quote from: Nick on April 10, 2022, 07:24:24 AM
I've been watching the flight radar websites a bit and there are some unusual machines flying. These are the ones we have been allowed to see...

RC-12 Guardrail - intel gathering over Lithuania.
E-8 over Estonia.
NATO E-3s in very tight figure 8 circuits over Poland.
KC-135s flying out of the UK, flying a tight circuit over Poland or Romania for an hour and then flying home again. I wonder if they were refuelling unseen RC-135s?
A400s from all over Europe going into Hungarian or Romanian airbases very close to Ukraine. C-17s doing the same, one came in from Australia last week.

There's a lot of intel that NATO is gathering from the mess in Ukraine. A lot of that is clearly being fed back to Kyiv  :thumbsup:

Probably the first shipment of Bushmaster MPV's or their support equipment;

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Joe C-P

Missed getting a picture.  Went out for the Sunday paper and heard the flap of wings, looked up to see to black vultures taking off from my one-story house roof.  They are BIG birds.  Fortunately they kept going, since I'm not dead yet.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

There's been a big NATO exercise going on in the Arctic Circle as well, Northern Norway mainly.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 11, 2022, 05:55:13 AM
There's been a big NATO exercise going on in the Arctic Circle as well, Northern Norway mainly.
Cold Response 2022, I think. That ended about a week ago.
There's some sort of a multi-national Air Force exercise now over the Baltic.

zenrat

For a change of pace, I had a Stearman over the house on Sunday.
Blue with yellow wings and US Army painted on the underside.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

An RAF C-17 trundled remarkably slowly across the Severn this afternoon, heading towards Brize Norton I expect, and it wasn't very high either, maybe only 1000 ft or so.  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Flyer

Just now a all over white (very bland, not even a pinstripe) Gulfstream jet (2, 3 or 4. I have no idea how to tell the difference). I see Citations of various models often, occasionally other types of private jets, even one of the 3 engined Falcon's once but I think this would be the largest private jet I have witnessed landing here.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

reddfoxx

GII and GIII have 5 cabin windows.  GIV and GV have 6.  GVI has 8.  I worked at an FBO and used to be able to tell the difference between all the different versions of bizjets and airliners; I'm sure there are details to tell the GII and GIII apart, for example, but I've forgotten them after 25 years away...

zenrat

Quote from: reddfoxx on April 26, 2022, 10:58:03 PM
GII and GIII have 5 cabin windows.  GIV and GV have 6.  GVI has 8.  I worked at an FBO and used to be able to tell the difference between all the different versions of bizjets and airliners; I'm sure there are details to tell the GII and GIII apart, for example, but I've forgotten them after 25 years away...

The G number is inversely proportional to the size of male appendage the owner is compensating for.
Fred