Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 27, 2022, 03:44:00 AM
Quote from: reddfoxx on April 26, 2022, 10:58:03 PM
GII and GIII have 5 cabin windows.  GIV and GV have 6.  GVI has 8.  I worked at an FBO and used to be able to tell the difference between all the different versions of bizjets and airliners; I'm sure there are details to tell the GII and GIII apart, for example, but I've forgotten them after 25 years away...

The G number is inversely proportional to the size of male appendage the owner is compensating for.

;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

GII and GIII have 5 cabin windows.  GIV and GV have 6.  GVI has 8.  I worked at an FBO and used to be able to tell the difference between all the different versions of bizjets and airliners; I'm sure there are details to tell the GII and GIII apart, for example, but I've forgotten them after 25 years away...

The G number is inversely proportional to the size of male appendage the owner is compensating for.

Madame R tells me it's the same with cars. As a scientist, she expresses it thus :-  " the diameter of the exhaust pipe is inversely proportional to the size of the driver's organ   (or sometimes brain)"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on April 27, 2022, 09:39:03 AM

Madame R tells me it's the same with cars. As a scientist, she expresses it thus :-  " the diameter of the exhaust pipe is inversely proportional to the size of the driver's organ   (or sometimes brain)"

Also pickup trucks in the US, re: lift height, tire size, pipes (as well), nifty off roading gear that never gets used, etc. Etc.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

Quote from: scooter on April 27, 2022, 11:20:37 AM
Quote from: Rheged on April 27, 2022, 09:39:03 AM

Also pickup trucks in the US, re: lift height, tire size, pipes (as well), nifty off roading gear that never gets used, etc. Etc.

Don't forget dual wheels in the back and turbo Diesel engine for hauling......... nothing!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

rickshaw

We have special "Spray on mud" for utes downunder...   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Rheged

Quote from: rickshaw on April 27, 2022, 08:59:00 PM
We have special "Spray on mud" for utes downunder...   :banghead:

AAAAGH!!   What a ridiculous idea.  When we still had the old Land Rover, we spent a lot of time spraying it to clean off the mud.

reddfoxx

;D ;D ;D

Rheged

More a case of "Not seen over my house today"   NO black and yellow helicopters from Shawbury; NO light aircraft from Shobdon; NO special forces helicopter from Credenhill; NO A400s low flying to or from Wales; NO pairs of  Typhoons making far too much noise and threatening my chimney pots;  NOT EVEN a single microlight!

This is unusual, where is everyone?  Possibly it's near the end of the month and the RAF budget for April is running low but the total absence of aviation is unexpected.

Nick

I shall have to look closely at any helicopters flying around here in future months. There is a good chance of seeing a Lynx AH7 flying out of North Weald from now on.  :thumbsup:

This week the CAA granted a full Permit To Fly to G-NCKS which has been restored by North Weald Heritage Aviation after nearly 3 years of work and many test flights. https://projectlynx.co.uk/

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on April 29, 2022, 09:50:17 AM

This is unusual, where is everyone?  Possibly it's near the end of the month and the RAF budget for April is running low but the total absence of aviation is unexpected.

Perhaps the 'Sandy Berets' from your way have got the Bank Holiday off, so don't need any 'planes to play with?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

Quote from: perttime on April 07, 2022, 03:10:01 AM
A C-130 just flew over me. They aren't exactly common visitors here.
Flightradar says it was Canadian and coming from Prestwick.

Edit:
I heard that it later went to Rzeszów-Jasionka in Poland, which is a center for sending military aid to Ukraine.
A C-130 "again".Also Canadian but this one was coming from Riga. It landed about on schedule 10 minutes ago,and at least initially tracking showed it going to the commercial/general aviation side of the field. https://www.flightradar24.com/2022-05-04/14:00/12x/CFC4228/2bbaa80b

PR19_Kit

A couple pf Wildcats going southeast in a hurry. They do make a strange noise for that size of chopper, perhaps it's the BERP rotors?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Nothing exciting today!  The usual Special Forces helicopter  from time to time,  Black and Yellow machines from Shawbury using the church spire as a way-point and a couple of light aircraft out of Shobdon.  All very boring and ordinary

kitnut617

Quote from: Rheged on May 04, 2022, 07:58:51 AM
Nothing exciting today!  The usual Special Forces helicopter  from time to time,  Black and Yellow machines from Shawbury using the church spire as a way-point and a couple of light aircraft out of Shobdon.  All very boring and ordinary

I thought the black and yellow ones are just helicopter trainers
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

scooter

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 04, 2022, 09:24:43 AM
Quote from: Rheged on May 04, 2022, 07:58:51 AM

I thought the black and yellow ones are just helicopter trainers

That's what they want you to think
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng